Peace Sign Cake Pops

Peace, Love & Cake Pops….

While I generally do not sell my sweets and treats, I do take special requests from friends and family.  Last week one of my fellow dance moms (yes, I’m a dance mom – though I like to think not quite like these dance moms) asked me if I could make cake pops for her wonderful daughter’s 13th birthday.   She’s a great girl who has always been super sweet to my daughter, so I was more than happy to make her a little something special for her birthday.  Her mom told me that she liked peace signs and the color blue, so that’s what I was working with.

Luck have it I found a perfectly sized box decorated with peace signs at Hobby Lobby to use as a display, as well as a cute peace sign ornament (one plus of a full Christmas display in September), which made it even more fun.   I love to pick up ornaments that can be used on gifts or packaging in a totally non-Christmas way.

I looked around online for some ideas and stumbled across these darling Peace Sign Cake Pops at The Blackberry Vine.  When I saw she even had a free peace sign printable for making the chocolate peace signs, I knew I had found my inspiration and was ready to make some chocolate peace signs.

This was the first time that I piped chocolate to make any sort of decoration, and it was pretty simple and straight forward.   The printable, under the wax paper, made it easy to keep my peace signs consistent in shape and size.   I taped the peace sign template and wax paper to a cookie sheet to keep them from moving.

I would pipe a few and then cover with sugar sprinkles, pipe a few more, and so on, until the entire sheet was covered in pretty turquoise blue sugar.

I let them set up then poured the loose sugar off and was left with cute little chocolate peace signs.

I made my cake pops using the vanilla cake pop recipe from the cookbook that comes with the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker (which I love with a passion).   If you would like to see step by step how I make my cake pops with the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker, check out this post.   For how I make the “classic” Bakerella style cake and frosting cake pops check out this post, or for the Oreo truffle pops check out this post.

The Babycakes Cake Pop Maker is great because you can whip out a ton of cake pops quickly (I also prefer the taste/texture to the frosting and cake variety).   I always dip my sticks into chocolate, and then into the cake pops and let them set up and chill in the freezer before dipping the cake pops into chocolate.   This helps with the cake pop jumping off the stick for a swim in the chocolate scenario.

From there it’s a matter of dipping them into chocolate (I only take a few out of the freezer at a time so they remain cold), adding sprinkles and setting the peace signs on top.

I’ve had readers contact me wondering how my cake pops turn out so well.  Trust me, they don’t always.  Here are a few of the challenges I had with this batch – cold cake pops mean the chocolate sets up fast, which is great for avoiding dripping, but sometimes I’m too slow and don’t get my sprinkles on in time before the chocolate sets.  I also broke a number of the fragile little peace signs while putting them on the cake pops.  I always make more than I need, which helps allow for problems.  But on the plus side, “mistakes” give you a great excuse to eat a few cake pops…

I finished the cake pops off with cellophane bags (which can now be purchased online from Babycakes) and some ribbon, cut styrofoam to fit the box and added the cake pops.  These were really fun to create and I hope the birthday girl enjoyed them!

Peace out.   (Sorry, I couldn’t resist).

Comments

I try to avoid gadgets with cords but I’m feeling like I may need to buy one of these cake pop makers. I hate to make cake balls because I have to form them with my hands. I’d love to eliminate that step. These look so cute. I love the idea of the stencil.

Wooowowo , these look so cute and the step-by -step instructions are really great . These cake pops are much better than the Cake pops with frosting which are just too sweet , but once more really BEAUTIFUL cake pops .

3. Laura E says

These are just so cute. Even your “not” perfect ones still look pretty good. I still struggle getting the sprinkles on the warm chocolate without all dripping everywhere.

Very cool! Love it. I think I want that babycakes cake pop maker. I have heard mixed reviews but yours look like they turn out great. Think I will give it a try. My kids love cake pops and we have lots of birthdays and bake sales coming up!!

5. Donna says

Where do u get the machine that makes these little cakes? Who makes the machine? Perhaps I can get one in australia? They look so lovely

6. Katherine says

I love these and Im also a dance mom and deff not like the dance moms on the show! i watched the last episode last night and was so happy for little Clhoe to get the lead in the video! (went off topic) but i couldnt resist commenting on the dance mom comment! thanks again for all of your great recipes and ideas!

7. Katherine says

haha!yay! now if i can only get these candy melts to melt the right way! i have tried everything and they melt so thick there is no way i can dip any pops in there :( very frustrated!

8. Katherine says

I dont understand what I’m doing wrong! it melts, just the consistency is very thick and not like in the pictures. its just too thick to use for dipping. ive tried everything i can think of! any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated it. I am using wilton candy melts and following instructions with microwave melting method.

9. Cheri E says

I have a friend who’s daughter would love these, may have to give it a whirl! You have done some simple, yet complex work, and they look amazing!!

10. Mimi says

really cute looks… real yummy. How big are they before you dipped them with chocolate. try to compare sizes of different cake pop makers.

thanks a bunch
    mimi

11. Miriam Chavarria says

It seems like you manage to get perfect cakepops each and every time you make these using your Babycakes machine. Any tips, tricks, or advice?? :)

Eould like to know how lOng can this cake pops last before it get spoiled or rotten? How long can it last by using the baby cake pops maker as not much sweet is using? Thanks