While I’m not sure what to believe when it comes to the history of this cookie, I sure do love this cookie. I first had these cookies back in college when a co-worker of mine made them for me. They instantly became my favorite chocolate chip cookies, and remain so to this day. One of the things I like best about the cookies is the fact that they have oatmeal in them. An oatmeal chocolate chip cookie really is a thing of beauty. Want to make some? Here’s what you need…
Neiman Marcus $250 Cookie Recipe
Ingredients (recipe can easily be halved)
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups blended oatmeal
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) Hershey Bars ( grated)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups chopped nuts ( your choice)
- Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Add chocolate chips, grated Hershey Bar and nuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375° or until golden.