I have a fun post and great giveaway for you today! Along with a number of other bloggers, I’m sharing a fun way to use Bella Cupcake Couture Cupcake Wrappers…
And we are giving away an incredible Cupcake Prize Pack valued at $565! Sweet!
Bella Cupcake Couture
Sweets & Treats Boutique
Lil’ Punkin Creations
Hey, there’s a cake pop in my cupcake! Not a bad problem to have. 🙂
To create these, I make 24 cupcakes and use half of them to create the cake pop balls that top the cupcakes. I frosted my cupcakes with chocolate frosting to coordinate with the cute Bella Cupcake Couture cupcake wrappers, but you could use any frosting that you would like. For the cake pops I used a vanilla frosting, as a chocolate frosting would change the pink velvet look. Use whatever works best for you, be it store bought or homemade!
Pink Velvet Cake Pop Topped Cupcakes
Cupcakes & Cake Pops
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- Pink food coloring
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Use your favorite frosting recipe or canned frosting. For this recipe I used 1/2 a container of chocolate frosting to top the cupcakes and approximately 1/2 a container of vanilla frosting for the cake pops. Cream cheese frosting would also be great!
Cake Pop Topping
- Approximately one cup of chocolate coating such as Candiquik, Merkens or Wilton.
For your cupcakes
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Once light and fluffy add your pink food coloring. Start with a small amount and increase to reach your desired shade of pink. Blend well with butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the batter and beat until well combined. Add in 1/2 of the butter milk, beat until combined, followed by another 1/3 of the dry, then the remaining buttermilk and finally the remaining dry ingredients. The batter may look a bit lumpy after buttermilk is first added, but beat well and it will combine nicely.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full and bake at 350 degrees for approx 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Watch the cupcakes closely in the last few minutes of baking so that they do not over brown. Allow to cool for ten minutes before removing from pan, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- After cupcakes have cooled, unwrap 12 cupcakes and put them into a large bowl. Add in approximately 1/4 cup of frosting. Using a fork (or hands) work to blend the two together. Continue adding small amounts of frosting to reach your desired consistency for your cake pops. Roll you cake pop mixture into 12 balls (you will likely be able to get more then 12, so extra cake pops, yay!). Place on a plate or baking sheet covered with wax or parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill. Once chilled, prepare your chocolate coating according to package directions. One at a time, dip your cake pops into chocolate coating and place them on wax paper, allowing the chocolate to harden.
- With remaining frosting, pipe or frost your cupcakes. Once frosted, top each with a cake pop ball. Place in your Bella Couture Cupcake Wrapper and enjoy!
For more detailed information on how I make cake pops,
as well as tips, tricks, resources and advice, visit this post.
And for more fun cake pop & cupcake combos, check out…
There are lots of other great blogs sharing cupcake recipes as part of the Cupcake
Couture Blog Party! Make sure to head over to these fantastic blogs to see
what sweet treats they have for you.
Now I did mention an amazing giveaway, right? Here you go!
Thanks to our amazing Prize Pack sponsors for their generous donations!
Please, visit their websites to see more of their fabulous products!
To enter to WIN this Prize Pack, simply fill out the entry form below.
Contest opens 21May13 at 0700 PST and closes 27May12 at 2359 PST. One winner will be chosen and announced within 24 hours of the contest ending. Winner will be contacted via email to claim their prize.
This contest is open to residents of the USA and Europe only. Void where prohibited by law. This giveaway is a sweepstakes, no purchase necessary and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds of winning depends on number of entries. Winner will be selected at random. Giveaway sponsors are responsible for fulfilling the winners prize, not Love From The Oven.
a Rafflecopter giveaway