If you love snickerdoodles and you love eggnog, wait until you try these incredible eggnog cookies! Packed full off eggnog flavor, but with the delicious simplicity of snickerdoodles, these eggnog cookies need to make their way onto your holiday baking list!
When the eggnog starts hitting store shelves that’s my cue to start my holiday baking and Christmas cookie making. My husband is a bit of an eggnog addict when it’s available, so he was quite happy when he found two bottles of Shamrock Farms Eggnog in our refrigerator last week. Thanks to my friends at Shamrock Farms for sponsoring this post.
My family has a love of snickerdoodles, and after the big hit my pumpkin snickerdoodles were, I decided we needed to make eggnog snickerdoodles as well.
These eggnog cookies bring together everything I love about snickerdoodles and eggnog, all in one soft, chewy cookie. They have an optional eggnog glaze and are delicious either way you make them.
As an AZ girl, Shamrock Farms dairy products have always been my go-to choice. Shamrock Farms is the richest, thickest, noggiest eggnog around, with the creamiest, premium taste and a custom blend of spices. It’s a staple item in our fridge the entire holiday season. It’s made with pure, fresh ingredients and is made straight from the farm as fresh as can be. I love that it’s available in both regular and low-fat varieties.
For this eggnog cookie recipe I use eggnog both in the cookie dough and in the glaze. These cookies truly have the perfect amount of eggnog flavor. As I mentioned the eggnog glaze on top is optional. Make them both ways and you have cookies that can do double duty on those Christmas cookie platters.
These delicious eggnog cookies infuse soft and chewy snickerdoodles with irresistible eggnog flavor. A fantastic Christmas cookie.
- 4 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar light or dark
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or rum extract if desired
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- For the dough:. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cream of tartar. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, eggnog and vanilla or rum extract. Mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Cover bowl (or remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap) and chill for 1+ hours. You can chill for up to 24 hours if you have time.
- When ready to bake, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Mix nutmeg and sugar in a small bowl and roll each ball of dough through the sugar mixture to coat one side.
- Place on a greased baking sheet or a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or silicone baking mat.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake. Allow to cool on baking sheet for at least ten minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, eggnog and nutmeg. Stir well to combine. Drizzle over cookies and allow to set up. Glaze stays slightly soft so best not to stack cookies if glazed.
I hope your family enjoys these delicious eggnog cookies as much as my family does. These eggnog snickerdoodles will be perfect for your Christmas cookie platters and Christimas cookie exchanges. Make sure to look for Shamrock Farms Eggnog at your grocer. Every Shamrock Farms product begins with pure, fresh, nutritious milk with no added growth hormones. All Shamrock Farms products go through rigorous purity testing, and are cold packaged and shipped to arrive fresh, fast and delicious. It’s just not the holidays without a cool glass of Shamrock Farms Eggnog!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.