Do you have those few people that you struggle to buy gifts for? This post is for you, it’s my list of gifts you can give anyone. These are great gifts for people you might not know well, people you just don’t know what to get, or just great gift ideas to have on hand for quick, spur of the moment gift giving. It’s always great to have a couple of those tucked into your closet.
Now I say these are gifts you can give anyone, let’s be honest that means ALMOST anyone. I’m not going to suggest you give your two year old niece a cutting board. I’m crazy, but I’ve not gone completely over the edge. Yet. But we’ve got a few weeks left in this Christmas season, so who knows how it will go. Anyway… these are gifts that most people would enjoy. I know I would love to get any of the gifts on the list myself!
I’m picking up a few of these to have on hand at home. Without fail, I forget to buy a gift for at least one person by mistake each year, and there is always that uncomfortable moment when someone has a gift for you and you are all like, oh, we are doing this gift exchange thing??? One of these gifts can save you! Heck, buy a few, wrap them up or gift bag them because really that’s easier, and you can produce a gift in like ten seconds flat. Maybe keep some gift tags handy. And a pen. Because I would have the gift tags but not the pen to write on them. Basically don’t be like me, be well prepared.
Really, who doesn’t want to curl up under an oh so soft plus throw in the winter. The one seen above with the sweater and faux fur is true luxury! With some hot chocolate (possibly spiked) and a cookie. Sounds lovely to me!
Do you have a Hydroflask or Klean Kanteen? If you don’t you are probably like what the heck, it’s a water bottle, that’s lame. No, no it’s not. I LOVE insulated water bottles. Note the INSULATED part, they come both insulated and regular. I can put ice in one at dinner time, keep it on my nightstand at night, and there is ice in it the next day. In Phoenix, AZ. In the summer. They are basically magic as far as I’m concerned. This is definitely a gift it’s okay to have more than one of.
Dec 2020 Update: This remainder of this post was originally linked to a gift guide I wrote over on eBay as an ebay Influencer in 2016 (yes, they had blog posts!). It appears that eBay has since removed the extensive content written by influencers like myself, so unfortunately the full length gift guide no longer exists. But don’t worry, I’ve got updated links to my favorites for you! I hope to have time to completely overhaul this post with new images, but in the meantime here are some updated links to my favorite gifts to give to anyone.
- Salt & Pepper Grinders – this is a go to for me when I don’t know what else to buy!
- Jacobsen Salt – when it comes to salt, this stuff is life changing. I carry travel size containers of it in my purse and car, and keep one at my desk. No shame!
- Hand Cream – if there was ever a year we needed hand cream, this is it! I love the gift package sizes, ironically I keep them all the same places I keep that travel salt, go figure!
- Cutting Board – anyone who spends time in the kitchen will appreciate a nice cutting board, especially now that we all like snacky foods put out on a board.
- Plaid Scarf – A pretty plaid scarf is one of those classic items that is timeless and we can all find a use for.
- Air Plants – no green thumb needed with air plants and there are so many cute terrarium kits available.
- Hydroflask Tumbler – I love these tumblers so much I gave them to all of my girlfriends last year. At first they looked at me a bit crazy (why is she giving me a cup?) but it turns out that like me, they now use theirs every single day. I even travel with mine. No matter if you prefer cold or hot, these amazing tumblers keep them at temp.
- Journal – another one of those items everyone can use, you can’t go wrong with a leather or vegan leather journal.
Want to see the whole list of gifts you can give anyone? I’ve got you covered! (LINK NOW DEAD) CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL LIST.