I love magic cookie bars. Hands down one of my all time favorite treats. Ever.
They are always the very last item I bake for the holidays, because they are the first to disappear. They are so simple to pull together, no bowls for stirring, very little measuring, toss things into the pan, bake it and there you go. Last year I even devoted an entire week to them here on the blog. I have yet to make a Halloween version of a magic cookie bar, and when I saw these Halloween Chocolate Chips at the grocery store, I knew it was time.
One of the things that I love about magic cookie bars, aside from being super easy, is that they are quite versatile. You can make them as simple or as loaded with goodies as you like.
I wanted to make these bars fun and colorful, so some Halloween Sixlets were brought into the mix.
Yep, those do the trick! To keep with the color theme, I decided to use chocolate graham crackers, which I crush in my food processor. I love chocolate graham crackers for giving a dark base, but it does alter the flavor some from typical graham crackers. I find regular grahams give it a bit more of a salty taste, which is a nice balance, and the chocolate grahams are more sweet. These are some mighty sweet bars. 🙂 I always melt my butter in my oven while it’s preheating and I’m gathering my ingredients.
Once the butter is melted it’s time for the graham cracker crumbs, followed by the sweetened condensed milk and coconut.
And lots of chocolate chips and Sixlets.
Into the oven they go. That’s it. No mixing, no stirring, just pour and go. You can truly use as few or as many chocolate chips and Sixlets as you want. I went with a very generous amount.
Halloween Magic Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs chocolate or regular
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup SweetWorks Sixlets in colors of your choice
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil. Spray lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter into your foil lined pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over butter and lightly press down with a fork to compact. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over butter and graham cracker layer. Sprinkle coconut over sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle on chocolate chips, Sixlets, nuts and any other candies.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool. Cut into bars.
If magic cookie bars are your thing, you have to check out some of these recipes…