Looking for an easy and delicious summertime treat that requires no baking? I have a great one for you today, No Bake S’mores Mousse Jars.
As part of the Kraft Tastemaker Program, Kraft has asked me so share one of my favorite no-bake treats for summer, and wow, I love this one! It’s super simple, no bake, completely delicious. Works for me! To make these I used JELL-O Chocolate Mousse, Jet-Puffed Marshmallows and Mallow-Bits, Cool Whip, graham crackers and a bit of chocolate ice cream topping.
While I used fun mason jars for mine, you could use any type of container you like, even kid friendly plastic cups or bowls, whatever works for you. Making these is super simple. You start by whipping up (literally!) your JELL-O Chocolate Mousse with milk (Skim or 1% works great!)…
While your mousse is mixing, you can prep your mason jars. I love to do something fun with the rims of the jars to carry the dessert theme all the way to to the top. To coat your mason jar rims in crushed graham cracker crumbs you simply squeeze a bit of chocolate syrup onto a plate, dip your jar in, then dip your jar into your graham cracker crumbs. Easy as can be, just remember to start with this step.
After you’ve lined the rim of the jar, it’s time to start layering in your s’mores ingredients. You really could do this in any order that you would like. I started with about 4 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs. You can crush them finely, though I prefer to leave mine a bit more chunky for that extra crunch.
After the graham crackers, you are going to add your marshmallow layer, which is made up from a combo of COOL WHIP Whipped Topping and JET-PUFFED Mini Marshmallows.
I like to use the scoop that I use for making cookies for filling my jars. It makes it easier to layer the ingredients without getting them all over the sides (and if you do, don’t worry, either leave it be or just give it a quick wipe clean). Following my marshmallow layer, it’s time for the chocolate mousse. After that I added another sprinkle of graham crackers, a bit more of the marshmallow layer, some JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits and an extra graham cracker, dipped in mousse and JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits for garnish. Pop in the fridge for a bit and it’s ready to serve.
For parties you could even set up a DIY s’mores and let everyone fill their jars themselves! So fun. Here’s the recipe…
No Bake S’mores Mousse Jars
- 15 Sheets HONEY MAID Honey Grahams crushed (as fine or as rough as you prefer)
- 1 Sheet HONEY MAID Honey Grahams set aside for garnish
- 2 Boxes 3.2 oz Each JELL-O Mousse, Chocolate Flavor
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 Container 8 oz COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, slightly thawed
- 1 cup JET-PUFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 cup JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits
- Optional - your favorite chocolate sauce to dip the rims of jars into
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and JELL-O Mousse mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for four minutes. Once finished mixing, set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place one cup of JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows and one cup of COOL WHIP Whipped Topping into microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well, adding in the remaining COOL WHIP Whipped Topping.
- If topping your jars in chocolate and graham cracker crumbs, pour approximately four tablespoons of chocolate sauce onto a plate, and dip the opening of your jar into the chocolate sauce, then into your crushed graham cracker mixture. Repeat with remaining jars.
- Time to fill your jars, spoon approximately four tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of each jar.
- Next spoon a layer of your COOL WHIP Whipped Topping and JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallow mixture into each jar, using approximately 1/2 cup for each jar.
- Next spoon your JELL-O Mousse Mixture into each jar, using approximately 1/2-2/3 a cup of mousse into each jar.
- Sprinkle additional graham cracker crumbs on top of mousse layer, followed by an additional scoop of COOL WHIP Whipped Topping and JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits on top and add a quarter sheet of graham cracker to the top for garnish (if desired, dip the graham cracker into the mousse and sprinkle with Mallow Bits).
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Looking for some other fabulous summer recipes? You can find some great S’mores recipes on the Kraft Website, as well as recipes that are perfect for the 4th Of July. Check out some of these great options!
Disclosure: As part of the Kraft Tastemaker Program, I am compensated for my post.
All opinions and recipes choices are however mine and mine alone!