I’ve got one more great pie recipe for your Thanksgiving table. Vanilla Pecan Pie!
This delicious recipe from McCormick blends the flavors of both pecan pie and cheesecake. Sounds good right? It is!
This pie is pretty simple to make. You start with your pie shell, and fill it with a simple cheesecake layer.
After baking this for a while, you add your pecans and filling and send it back into the oven to finish baking.
Pecan pie has always seemed a bit intimidating to me, but it’s really super easy – even with some cheesecake thrown in the mix!
Okay, I know you are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving, so here’s the recipe for you…
Vanilla Pecan Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs divided
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan pieces toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Beat cream cheese, 1 of the eggs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly on bottom of crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Add corn syrup, butter, remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla and salt; stir until well blended. Sprinkle pecans evenly over baked cream cheese layer. Slowly pour corn syrup mixture over nuts.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until just set in center. Cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe NotesRecipe courtesy of McCormick
Looking for a few more pie recipes? Here you go!
This Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie would be awesome for Thanksgiving!