Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These delicious chewy chocolate oatmeal cookies can be made gluten free! Make sure to use gluten free oats (not all are gluten free), and gluten free chocolate chips.
2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
& 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
light or dark is fine
eggs plus one egg yolk
quick-cooking rolled oats
& 1/2 cups oat flour
HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, egg yolk and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, Stir together oat flour, oats, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Chill dough covered (I wrap mine tightly in plastic wrap) in your refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
4. When ready to bake, remove dough from fridge to sit at room temperature while oven preheats to 350 degrees F.
5. Using hands, shape dough into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
6. Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until set; cookies will be slightly moist in center. Do not overbake. Cool 10 minutes then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
7. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies. Store covered.
Adapted from Hershey's Kitchens.
Tried this recipe?