Place chicken, BBQ Sauce and onion to crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Shred cooked chicken and stir to combine.
Before serving, let some of the sauce drain to prevent soggy bread. Serve on your favorite buns with additional BBQ sauce, coleslaw, red onion, pickles or your favorite combination of toppings.
- Frozen chicken can be used, be sure to increase cooking time 1-2 hours depending on your slow cooker. Chicken is done when it can easily be pulled apart.
- I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, but use your favorite.
- White onion can be used or you can leave the onion out all together if you prefer.
- Remove chicken to cutting board for easier shredding.
- Use a slotted spoon or small strainer to drain excess sauce before putting the chicken on the roll.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 572mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2mg