Easy, rich and delicious chocolate almond cookies made with chocolate covered almonds!
I’ve taken one of my chocolate chocolate chip cookies and given it a little something extra. Chopped almonds and chopped Brach’s Almond Supremes chocolate covered almonds!
You can whip up a batch of these chocolate almond cookies in no time! I like to use dark cocoa powder, or a mix of dark and regular cocoa powder, in mine, but regular cocoa powder is totally fine and completely delicious as well! I also prefer to chop up my almonds and Brach’s Almond Supremes, I think it makes for easier cookie dough scooping and cookie eating that way, but you do you!
If you love the combo of chocolate and almond, make sure to try my No Bake Energy Bites as well!
Chocolate Almond Cookies
Chocolate Almond Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cups and 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 cups and 1/4 cocoa powder I prefer to do a mix of regular and dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 5oz bag Brach's Almond Supremes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and creamy. Add in sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated into batter. Add in vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, almonds and Brach's Almond Supremes.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. A large cookie scoop holds about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough. Space dough at least 2" apart.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan on a wire rack for at least five minutes. Repeat with remaining dough. Allow to cool completely prior to storing. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclosure: As an ambassador for Brach’s, I am compensated for my posts.
4 stars only because I altered the recipe slightly; they turned out great. With what I had on hand, I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose and about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for the 5 oz Almond Supremes (I have a limited pantry). The cookies were soft and had a nice cracked surface, and did not spread too much or run into each other. The recipe seems very flexible and not too particular. Made 25 2-inch cookies.