Easy, rich and delicious chocolate almond cookies made with chocolate covered almonds!
I’ve taken one of my chocolate chocolate chip cookies and given it a little something extra. Chopped almonds and chopped Brach’s Almond Supremes chocolate covered almonds!
You can whip up a batch of these chocolate almond cookies in no time! I like to use dark cocoa powder, or a mix of dark and regular cocoa powder, in mine, but regular cocoa powder is totally fine and completely delicious as well! I also prefer to chop up my almonds and Brach’s Almond Supremes, I think it makes for easier cookie dough scooping and cookie eating that way, but you do you!
Chocolate Almond Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cups and 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 cups and 1/4 cocoa powder I prefer to do a mix of regular and dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 5oz bag Brach's Almond Supremes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and creamy. Add in sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated into batter. Add in vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, almonds and Brach's Almond Supremes.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. A large cookie scoop holds about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough. Space dough at least 2" apart.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan on a wire rack for at least five minutes. Repeat with remaining dough. Allow to cool completely prior to storing. Store in an airtight container.
Disclosure: As an ambassador for Brach’s, I am compensated for my posts.