This recipe for moist banana bread with sour cream almost melts in your mouth. It’s definitely a banana bread that stands out from the crowd!
Does the world need another banana bread recipe? I say, yes. . .when it’s one as delicious as this! If you’re on the quest to find the most moist banana bread recipe, it’s time to call off the search.
Banana Bread Recipe with Sour Cream
This is by far the moistest, butteriest banana bread recipe I’ve tried. And believe me, I’ve made a LOT of banana bread over the years.
Betty Crocker Banana Bread was one of the first banana breads I baked after getting married and it’s been a staple for years. When I’m craving some chocolate with my banana, I reach for my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe or these Chocolate Banana Muffins.
I like few things more than discovering a new delicious banana bread recipe! Banana bread is one of those “perfect any time” foods. It never goes out of season and almost no one will turn down a slice.
While I’ve used sour cream in baking plenty of times before, I don’t think I’ve ever tried a banana bread recipe with this much sour cream.
The results were spectacular! This recipe is now on my short list for favorite-ever banana bread recipes, so I knew it was too good to keep all to myself.
Moist Banana Bread Recipe with Sour Cream
Some banana bread recipes have the tendency to dry out a few days after baking. Not so with this recipe!
This banana bread is ultra moist and almost buttery in its texture–and it stayed just as moist even the next day. The Banana Bread recipe with sour cream below makes two perfect loaves of moist banana heaven. Eat one right away then freeze the other for later!
How to Make the Best Banana Bread
Like I mentioned earlier, I’m a little nuts for banana bread. It’s one of my favorite things to bake!
Since I’ve made what feels like thousands of loaves over the years, I’ve discovered a few tips and tricks for making the very best moist banana bread every time:
- Use very ripe bananas. I’m talking over ripe, with lots of brown spots! You just can’t get the same results from yellow bananas. . . and please don’t try mashing green under ripe bananas for this recipe. They’ll be harder to mash and the bread won’t taste as good.
- Speaking of mashing, make sure to mash the bananas in a separate bowl before beginning the recipe. A potato masher or heavy fork both work well.
- Don’t over mix! For soft moist banana bread, mix the dry ingredients gently into the wet just until everything is combined.
Banana Bread With Sour Cream
Unbelievably moist banana bread with sour cream makes a tempting breakfast, snack or party food. Enjoy!
Standard size 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pans work best for this recipe!
Banana Bread with Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour or white whole wheat
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and generously grease two loaf pans that are approximately 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches in size.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and mix well. Add sour cream, mashed bananas, vanilla and stir to combine. Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the walnuts, if using.
- Divide the batter evenly between prepared loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.