I know, many of you are still in the middle of snow and ice. Don’t hate me when I tell you it was in the 80’s here in Phoenix, and I heard the 90’s are in the forecast. It’s not much consolation, but we’ll totally pay for this weather in a few months. 123 degrees anyone ? Today I’m sending you some warm weather wishes and a sweet and creamy treat from my friend Melissa from Ice Cream Inspiration. This delicious Pistachio Coconut Ice Cream rocks, any time (or temp!) of the year. I’ll turn it over to Melissa and let her tell you all about this delicious ice cream recipe…
There is something so elegant and classy about pistachios. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because they have a fancy-sounding name. Just say “pistachio” over and over, drawing out the “o” at the end. I feel like this is a dessert you would see on Downton Abbey. Look at its lovely pale, green hue. Can’t you just see Lord and Lady Grantham eating this for dessert?
This ice cream uses pistachios and coconut oil for its flavor (with a slight assist from some pudding mix) and couldn’t be easier to make. (If you want a stronger coconut flavor, you can also add some coconut extract). The next time you are entertaining British Lords and Ladies, this should definitely be on your menu. Or the next time you just want some ice cream for yourself, this can be ready to eat (soft-serve) in a half an hour. No need to wait for the gong. (I apologize to those of you who do not watch Downton Abbey and don’t know what I’m talking about. Perhaps you should watch Downton Abbey).
Pistachio Coconut Ice Cream
- 1/2 c. shelled unsalted pistachios (I get them in the bulk bin at my local farmer's market store, like Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1 c. whole milk
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. instant pistachio pudding powder
- 1/2 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- Put the melted coconut oil, pistachios, and milk into a blender or food processor and process until nuts are pulverized. Alternately, you can leave some larger nut pieces if you prefer to have a more chunky ice cream.
- Pour nut mixture into a large bowl and add sugar. Mix well. Add instant pistachio pudding powder. Whisk in until fully incorporated. Add heavy whipping cream and mix well.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions. When soft-serve consistency is reached, slowly add the shredded coconut and let ice cream machine run another minute or two until the coconut is distributed throughout.
- Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for several hours or overnight.?
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you love coconut, make sure to also try my coconut MACAROONS recipe!
Want more delicious ice cream recipes? Hop on over to Ice Cream Inspiration and be inspired! I am adding new flavors all the time. In fact, if you have a suggestion for an ice cream flavor, I would love to hear about it in the comments below! While you are on my site, please look for the big pink button in the right sidebar and subscribe! You won’t be sorry. We’re friends now 🙂
Ice Cream Inspiration on Facebook