I have another fun sneak peek into my new book, Smart Cookie, to share with you! These Fun Flower Cookies are adorable and simple to make, and I think they’d be fabulous for parties. Depending on what flower lollipops you use, you could switch them up with different seasons and colors.
Thanks to bakepedia for sharing these on their blog…
“These adorable flowers in flowerpots are made from purchased cookies and candies. Smart Cookie book is jam-packed with ideas using purchased cookies so that you can have all the fun of decorating and creating new, inventive treats. The Adorable Acorns are just as inventive.”
Even if you don’t have a green thumb, you can make this little flower garden grow! Don’t worry: If you don’t have the edible adhesive, you can just use drops of candy coating or a candy writer in its place. After your cookie flowerpots have set, add green candy coating to the center of the flowerpots. Just before that candy coating sets, place a sweet little flower lollipop into the center, just like planting a flower! Finish with green sprinkles and some sugar decoration leaves.
Smart Cookie – Fun Flower Cookies
- 32 Murray Sugar Free® shortbread cookies
- Wilton® Dab-N-Hold™ edible adhesive
- 6 ounces green candy coating
- Green sprinkles about ¼ cup
- 16 green sugar decoration leaves
- 8 flower-shaped candy lollipops
- 1. Starting with one cookie, apply dots of the edible adhesive to the top side of the cookie. Immediately place another cookie on top.
- 2. Place dots of edible adhesive on the top of the second cookie, top with a third cookie, place dots of edible adhesive on the third cookie, and place a fourth cookie on top; this will create the flowerpot.
- 3. Repeat with the remaining cookies, creating eight flowerpots in all. Set aside and allow to dry for at least six hours.
- 4. Prepare the candy coating according to package directions.
- 5. Place the cookie flowerpots onto a baking sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper. Using a small spoon (a baby spoon works well for this), spoon a small amount of the candy coating into each cookie flowerpot to fill the center.
- 6. Dust the candy coating in the flowerpot with green sprinkles.
- 7. Put a dab of candy coating on the back of the sugar decoration leaves and place two on each flowerpot as though they were coming out of the center, one on each side.
- 8. Cut the stick on the flower-shaped candy lollipop down to the desired size, and insert the stick into the candy coating in the center of the flowerpot. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Allow to dry for at least two hours. Take care not to move the cookies until they have completely dried.
Smart Cookie Tip: These cookies are great for spring and would also be darling for baby showers, bridal showers, and birthday parties. Depending on the color of the lollipops you use, you could even create holiday versions.
You can order Smart Cookie now, at a great pre-order price on Amazon!
Reprinted with permission from Smart Cookie: Transform Store-Bought Cookies Into Amazing Treats © 2014 Christi Farr Johnstone, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group