Do you have an ultimate dessert? I think the absolute best dessert is either a cookie or brownie served warm with a big scoop of ice cream on top. It brings together so many different flavors, textures and even temperatures, it just has it all. When eating out the pizza cookie, pizookie or cookie a la mode (depending on where you are at) is my top choice on the dessert menu.
The hot cookie, crunchy on the edges and still a bit gooey in the center, combined with the ice cream melting just creates dessert magic. I’m not sure if learning to make it at home was a very good thing or a very bad thing (they are oh so tempting to whip up anytime!), but if you have never made one at home, you must.
Really. Put it on your to do list, your bucket list or just go make one now.
I whipped up these cookie a la modes using DOVE Chocolate Promises, one of my favorite chocolates (how can you not love a chocolate that says sweet things to you?). I kind of totally loved this little note…
This recipe can make either four or six individual ramekins, depending on how much cookie dough you put in each ramekin. If you feel like sharing, dividing the dough into four ramekins is a great size for sharing with a friend. And if you want to keep your cookie all to yourself, six is a great way to go.
This recipe comes together just like regular cookie dough, and then is placed into your ramekins that have been sprayed lightly with a non-stick cooking spray. I did tuck two extra DOVE Chocolate Promises into the centers of these, just for some added deliciousness. Just put them into the cookie dough and then press them down and in.
Then bake them on a baking sheet for approximately 15-20 minutes (depending on how brown you like them). Take out and allow to cool (the ramekins remain hot, so careful, especially with kids) for about 10-15 minutes, top with ice cream and enjoy!
Delish! These always are extremely well received whenever I serve them. 🙂
Chocolate Chunk Cookie A La Mode
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 DOVE Milk Chocolate Promises chopped
- 8-12 DOVE Milk Chocolate Promises left whole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine moist ingredients including butter and sugars and will well mixed. Add egg and vanilla, stirring until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together wet and dry ingredients, as well as chopped DOVE Milk Chocolate Promises, stirring until just combined.
- Divide batter into either four or six oven safe ramekins that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. If using four ramekins, place approximately 1/2 cup of cookie dough into each ramekin, if using six ramekins, place approximately 1/3 cup of dough into each ramekin. Press two DOVE Chocolate Promises into the center of each ramekin pressing down into cookie dough. You want the chocolate to be in the center of the cookie dough, not touching the bottom or right on the surface.
- Bake ramekins on a baking sheet for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool for at least ten minutes. Ramekins will be very hot!
- Serve (remember, ramekins will still be hot) with a scoop of ice cream topped with a DOVE Milk Chocolate Promise.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Short on time? You can also try my microwave deep dish cookie recipe. The baked version always wins out on flavor due to both being baked and containing an egg, but the microwave version is no slouch!