I’m excited to bring you another great guest post today, this time a recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk Streusel Muffins from Jen of Savory Simple. How amazing do these muffins look? Wow!
Jen graduated from L’Academie de Cuisine in 2010 and has been cooking and baking professionally ever since. You can visit Jen on her blog, Savory Simple, and follow her on her Facebook page, Pinterest, Twitter and Google+. Jen not only creates amazing recipes, but she has absolutely stunning photos of those recipes. Let me show you a few…
Jen also has a new cookbook out that is so perfect for this time of year. The Art Of Slush.
Jen is quite a talented and busy gal and I am so excited that she is sharing a delicious recipe with us, and for one of my very favorite things – muffins! Now let’s get to her post and that amazing Blueberry Buttermilk Streusel Muffin Recipe!
Hi everyone! I’m Jen from Savory Simple. I’ve been a huge fan of Love From The Oven from quite some time so I’m truly honored to be guest posting for Christi today.
I have always loved to bake. I love cooking as well but there’s something very relaxing and almost zen-like to me about the methodical process baking. Especially with muffins. When people are scared to try baking I always recommend that they start with muffins. The process couldn’t be more simple- combine the dry ingredients, combine the wet ingredients. Mix those two bowls together. Spoon into a greased muffin pan and bake. No stand mixers or fancy technique. I find the entire experience calming to the point that when times are tough I’ll often bake muffins to de-stress (as I did with these Sandy Apple Muffins when we were threatened by Hurricane Sandy).
This blueberry buttermilk streusel muffin recipe is very easy to prepare, even with the addition of streusel topping. The streusel adds just the right amount of crunch and texture to each bite. I love having these for breakfast or as a midday snack. Enjoy them! And please stop by my blog and say hello! You can also find me spending way too much time on Facebook and Twitter.
Blueberry Buttermilk Streusel Muffins
For The Muffins:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries don't defrost
For The Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds or almond flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a smaller bowl, combine the buttermilk, melted butter and egg. Add the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- 3. To prepare the streusel topping, combine the almonds, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a bowl.
- 4. Divide the muffin batter evenly between the liners and then spoon the streusel mixture on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Thank you SO much to Jen for sharing this amazing recipe with us! I think this looks like how I want to start my day tomorrow!