This post is sponsored for One2One Network on behalf of ACH Food. I am partnering with them as a Become a Better Baker Blog Ambassador.
Looking for a fun summer dessert that is perfect for entertaining and sharing with friends? I’ve got you covered with these easy and delicious Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizzas.
One of my favorite things to do when it comes to entertaining is to include my guests in the food prep, in fun and enjoyable ways. There is something about people assembling food together that really brings them together and gets conversation flowing. We love to have make your own pizza nights, and today’s recipe is a sweet twist on that – Make Your Own Dessert Pizza.
Have any Fourth of July celebration plans coming up? This recipe makes a perfect activity for the kids (and adults). It’s a fun way to keep everyone busy while they’re waiting for the burgers to cook. You can even prepare the pizza crusts early that morning and have your guests add their favorite toppings when they arrive.
My favorite part about these dessert pizzas is the wide variety of ways you can assemble them. From peanut butter to dulce de leche to cream cheese, there are so many options for your “pizza sauce”. The sky is the limit for toppings, everything from chocolate chips to nuts to fruit. The options are endless, and it’s such a fun, not to mention delicious, activity.
To make these dessert pizzas, I started with this recipe from Fleishmann’s Yeast. Because my kids love chocolate chips is almost everything, I thought it would be fun to add some to the pizza dough. It worked out wonderfully and my little one was very excited that there were chocolate chips in her pizza crust!
This pizza crust recipe is so simple, and it uses my all time favorite yeast, Fleishmann’s Rapid Rise Instant Yeast. I love how quickly the yeast works and how easy it is to use. While some can be a bit fickle, this yeast works wonderfully every time I use it. Okay, now let’s make some dessert pizzas!
You make the crust by combining flour, Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast, sugar, salt, warm water, vanilla extract and melted butter. Once combined, it’s time to knead your dough.
When I was almost done kneading my dough, I added in the mini chocolate chips.
Once the dough is ready, it gets divided into six equally-sized pieces.
And those are shaped into mini pizza crusts.
Then into the oven they go.
After baking, they are allowed to cool. Then it’s time to get creative and top them! Think about providing topping options the same way you would for a sundae bar. Some of the items we used as “pizza sauce” included peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, caramel sauce, hot fudge, cream cheese, cookie butter, hot chocolate frosting and even pudding. For toppings there are so many options including chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, miniature marshmallows, berries and other fruits, cookie crumbs, sea salt, candies, coconut, sprinkles, caramels and more. Get creative; your guests will love making their own masterpiece!
Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizzas
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope of Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water 120° to 130°F*
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter OR margarine
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- An assortment of "sauces" such as peanut butter hazelnut spread, hot fudge, caramel sauce, frosting or puddings.
- An assortment of toppings such as fresh fruit dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, candies, cookies, sprinkles and more.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water, vanilla extract and butter; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Just prior to finishing kneading, add in miniature chocolate chips. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in to 6 equal portions. Pat each portion with floured hands (or roll out on a floured counter) into a 6-inch circle. Place on greased baking sheets; three per sheet.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow crusts to cool. Serve crusts with a variety of sauces and toppings, allowing guests to top their pizza crusts as they desire. Enjoy!
I hope your family and friends have fun coming up with creative and tasty pizzas of their own this summer!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by ACH Food. All opinions however are mine and mine alone.