What do you do when you are making mini cheesecakes and discover that you are lacking graham cracker crumbs? You dig deep into your pantry and get creative. And you pull out waffle cones and turn them into a crust. Voila, problem solved!
Personally I think you could add almost anything to a waffle cone and it would be a good choice. That certainly is the case with these mini cheesecakes.
Since we were working in the “ice cream ingredient” area with the waffle cones, I decided to top these mini cheesecakes with hot fudge sauce. Such a great blend of flavors and textures going on here. And cheesecake. Glorious cheesecake.
These are really no different than making your standard mini cheesecakes, you are just switching it up by crushing waffle cones in your food processor instead of crushing graham crackers. While I used waffle cones, I’m betting that sugar cones would work just as well.
Easy peasy. You can use a cupcake pan for these, though I used my mini cheesecake pan.
Waffle Cone Cheesecake Minis
Mini Cheesecakes With Waffle Cone Crust
- 1/2 cup waffle cone crumbs
- 1 1/2 TBSP sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1-1/2 pkg. 8 oz. each Cream Cheese (12 oz.), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Optional: Hot Fudge Topping
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine waffle come crumbs, 1 and 1/2 TBSP sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of 24 mini muffin cups lined with liners or into the bottoms of 12 mini cheesecake cups.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl with electric mixer. Once well blended, add in egg and stir until just blended. Spoon batter over waffle cone crust into pans. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the centers of cheesecakes are almost set. Remove from oven and cool completely. Store in fridge. If desired top with hot fudge sauce when serving.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you love cheesecake, make sure to check out these great cheesecake recipes!
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
I love your creativity with your baking. So many choices. I can’t wait to bake.
You are awesome! Oh, and yes the sugar cone crust is what I have been using for awhile. ?
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Waffle cone crust. OMG!
Jen | Baked by an Introvert says
These look marvelous! Love that they are bite sized. And the waffle cone crust is such a great idea!