Chocolate is great. Peanut butter is great. But chocolate and peanut butter together? They transcend great and take it to a whole other level. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you are in for a treat with these Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookies.
Delicious chocolate cookies covered with an amazing peanut butter glaze, topped with Brach’s Milk Chocolate Double Dippers and a drizzle of chocolate ganache. It’s a peanut butter and chocolate dream come true!
While these cookies take a few steps to make, they are very easy and completely worth it. This is next level cookie-ing if you ask me.
Are you ready to make some Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookies? I know I am!
CHOCOLATE COVERED PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa powder but regular works great)
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- cup Additional 1/4 sugar set aside
- 2 bags Brach's Milk Chocolate Double Dippers
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 TBSP butter melted
- 6 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips semi-sweet works well
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugars and beat until well combined. Add oil and eggs, mix to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, dough will be thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough and gently roll into a ball shape, and place on the pan.
- Once cookie dough is on cookie sheet, press the bottom of a flat glass into the additional 1/4 cup sugar, and then gently press into the cookie, to make an indentation. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press the bottom of the glass into each indentation again while hot. This helps create a well for the caramel. Allow to cool completely.
- For peanut butter glaze, combine peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Spoon approximately 1 TBSP of peanut butter glaze into the well created on the top of each cookie. Sprinkle 3-4 Brach's Milk Chocolate Double Dippers on top of each cookie.
- For ganache, in a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power, remove from microwave and stir. Repeat for another minute, remove and stir. If not completely melted, heat for another 30 second at 50% power, remove and stir. Repeat until smooth. Drizzle over each cookie.
- These cookies should be stored flat, due to the (delicious) toppings, stacking is not recommended.
As mentioned in the recipe, it’s best to store these cookies flat, all of the delicious toppings make them less than ideal for stacking.
PIN TO SAVE THIS RECIPE!
I can’t wait for you to whip up a batch of these to share with your friends and family. Or don’t share, I totally won’t judge! Break Out The Brach’s and get baking!
Disclosure: As a brand ambassador for Brach’s, I am compensated for my posts. That said, all opinions (and love for products) are mine and mine alone.