If you love peanut butter cookies and chocolate, you are in for a treat with these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies! Thick, chewy peanut butter cookies are made even more delicious with a dunk in chocolate or white chocolate and a sprinkle of turbinado sugar!
I love a good, easy peanut butter cookie recipe, but sometimes I like take it to the next level. This Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie recipe does just that by taking these soft and chewy peanut butter cookies, rolling them in Sugar In The Raw® Turbinado Sugar before baking them. Then once they are baked and cooled, they are dipped in either white chocolate or dark chocolate and finishing with one more sprinkle of turbinado sugar for sparkle, sweetness and crunch. It’s a winning combination of flavors and textures! This makes a fantastic cookie choice for your holiday baking and Christmas Cookie trays!
When it comes to holiday baking, I like to make a variety of recipes, which means that it’s important for me to keep them simple. You can whip up a batch of these cookies in no time, and the peanut butter lovers in your life will be thrilled that you did!
I prefer my peanut butter cookies on the thick side, but I will give you two options in the recipe in case you like yours a bit thinner. Everyone wins! Okay, let’s walk through how to make these delicious chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies. The ingredients are simple, though one note about the peanut butter. While I love a great natural peanut butter (the kind that separates and you keep in your fridge) for peanut butter cookies I find that a traditional peanut butter works best. I used creamy peanut butter, but you can certainly use crunchy peanut butter if you like.
Once you’ve mixed up your cookie dough, you want to roll your dough into balls, about 1 inch in diameter, and then dip them in your sugar.
I love to use Sugar In The Raw Turbinado sugar for this. You get great big golden sugar crystals which maintain that crunch, which really adds to the texture and flavor of the cookies. It’s a great finishing sugar for a cookie recipe like this one, and is also awesome on top of muffins and pies.
You can get Sugar In The Raw in a bulk bag or box, making it perfect for baking, especially during the holidays when it’s easy to go through a lot of sugar!
After rolling my cookie dough into balls and dipping them into the sugar, I transfer them to my baking sheet and then gently press into them with the back of a fork.
And then into the oven they go. When they come out of the oven, they are allowed to cool, though sneaking one that is still warm is quite a treat! You can absolutely serve them just like this, without dipping them in chocolate.
If you want to dip them into chocolate, simply allow them to cool completely, then dip them in melted chocolate. After dipping them in chocolate, immediately give them a sprinkle of Sugar In The Raw, then transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, and allow the chocolate time to set up.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Sugar In The Raw
- 2 tsp and 1/2 vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter (traditional not the natural variety)
- 3 cups and 1/4 flour for thick cookies or 3 cups flour for thinner cookies
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- In Extra Sugar The Raw Turbinado sugar for garnish
- 12 oz of chocolate for dipping milk, semi-sweet, dark or white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl using a mixer on medium speed. Mix until light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes. Add in vanilla and mix until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in peanut butter and mix well on medium until well combined, this may take 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined, do not over mix. Dough may be thick.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, approximately 1" in diameter. Dip the top half of the dough ball into the remaining 1/2 cup In The Raw sugar, and place the dough ball onto a cookie sheet, sugar side up. Gently press down on the cookie with the back of a fork. Repeat with remaining dough, keeping at least 2" between cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until starting to lightly brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If dipping in chocolate, allow cookies to cool completely. Place parchment paper or silicone baking mats on cookie sheets. Prepare chocolate according to package directions. Working one cookie at a time, dip half the cookie into the chocolate, and immediately place the cookie on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the wet chocolate with sugar. Repeat with remaining cookies. Allow to set up for at least one hour or until chocolate is firm to the touch.
- Store in a covered container.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
I hope your family and friends enjoy these cookies this holiday season! If you are a white chocolate fan, make sure to try the white chocolate version, as much as I adore peanut butter and chocolate, peanut butter combined with white chocolate is amazing! Make sure to check out Sugar In The Raw, which is absolutely perfect for these cookies as well as all of your other baking needs. You can find a retailer by you, just click here! You can also get coupons here. Make sure to check out In The Raw online on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of In The Raw via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.