Turn pizza night into something extra special by making your own dessert pizza! Combine delicious spreads such as peanut butter, Nutella, Biscoff, or even frosting with your favorite toppings, from marshmallows to graham cracker crumbs!
We love pizza night, and my kids always enjoy helping make pizza for dinner. One thing that really takes pizza night over the top is making our own dessert pizza. This is such a fun way to let everyone help make dessert.
S’mores pizza anyone? This is one seriously delicious and easy dessert pizza recipe!
One of the things I like about this dessert, is that just like with pizza, once you’ve made your pizza crust, you can really get creative with toppings, and use what you love, or what you have on hand at the moment.
For this one I used a whole wheat flatbread mix to make my pizza dough. I followed the package directions, but added in 3 TBSP of sugar with the dry ingredients, then baked the crust without any toppings on it. If you have a favorite pizza dough recipe you could use that, or you could even use a fridge or ready made pizza dough from the store.
After it comes out of the oven, we keep the oven ON and it’s time to add the toppings! For this pizza I used a chocolate hazelnut spread, marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs. The chocolate hazelnut spread is added first, followed by the remainder of the toppings. Just like making a regular pizza!
After the toppings are added, we return it to the oven for just a few minutes, usually 2-3 tops, until the marshmallows start to brown up nicely.
Then it’s just a matter of slicing and serving. This is a great dessert to make and serve when you have a group of kiddos at your house, it’s so fun for sleep overs.
Seriously delicious! Again, feel free to get creative, just like with regular pizza. This is really more of an “idea” than a concrete recipe, which is half the fun. There are so many great new flavored peanut butters and spreads on the market that you can try all kinds of great flavor combos. If you have a child who is allergic to nuts, go with frosting instead of a nut based spread. And the sky is the limit for toppings, I have a feeling we might be seeing some leftover Easter candy on top of one of these soon in our house!
- One Krusteaz Whole Wheat Flatbread Mix
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate hazelnut spread or other nut butter or peanut butter spread
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 475 Degrees F.
- Prepare Krusteaz Whole Wheat Flatbread Mix according to package directions, but add 3 TBSP sugar to the dry ingredients. Create two rounds with your pizza dough. Bake, without toppings, according to package directions.
- Remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- Working carefully (remember, the pan and flatbread are hot!), top each pizza crust with 3/4 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread. Sprinkle 1 and 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows over spread on each pizza, followed by 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs on each pizza.
- Return to oven for 2-4 minutes, watching closely, until marshmallows have browned to desired level.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.
Recipe NotesWhile this recipe can make two dessert pizzas, feel free to use one pan of dough to make a traditional savory pizza, and one pan of dough to make dessert. Simply reduce toppings called for in recipe by half. Enjoy!