I love Rice Krispies Treats. They are so easy to make and also so easy to get creative with. I’ve had a few bags of Wilton’s Egg Nog Flavored Melts (I found mine at Michael’s) sitting around, and I’ve been a bit stumped as to what to do with them.
Well, after coming across Frosted Rice Krispies Cereal and French Vanilla Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Snowmen, I finally figured it out.
Eggnog Frosted Rice Krispies Treats.
They turned out to be VERY tasty! While I’m not a big eggnog drinker, I like the flavor in general (especially when you see all of the amazing ways to enjoy it that don’t include drinking it!). The Wilton Eggnog Flavored Melts turned out to be tastier than I expected. They aren’t overpowering and I found the flavor to be very nice (and I know other bloggers have said the same thing). I found mine at Michaels for anyone who is looking for them.
These are made the way you make regular Rice Krispies Treats, you just sub the Frosted Rice Krispies Cereal for regular, you use the Jet Puffed French Vanilla Marshmallow Snowmen in place of regular marshmallows and you add in some of the Eggnog Flavored Melts.
I used half of the bag of melts IN the treats and saved the other half to add to the top.
I chopped up the melts to go into the treats. You could melt them then pour them in, but honestly chopping them and adding them in with the hot marshmallow and butter mixture seemed to melt them pretty well for me.
The chopped up melts were mixed in with the melted marshmallow and butter combo and the Frosted Rice Krispies. Then I pressed the mixture into a pan and let set up. As I usually do, I cut mine out with my round Ateco Round Cutters. After cutting my Rice Krispies Treats, I melted the remaining Eggnog melts according to packages directions and spooned on the tops of the treats. I topped with crystal sugar. The dry and that’s it!
Egg Nog Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 TBSP Butter Or Margarine
- One Package Jet Puffed French Vanilla Snowman Mallows can use regular as well - about four cups
- 1 Bag Wilton Eggnog Flavored Melts divide in half
- 6 Cups Frosted Rice Krispies Treats
- Take half of the Eggnog melts and finely chop them. Set aside.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and chopped up Eggnog Melts. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into desired shapes.
- Melt remaining Eggnog Melts according to package directions and spoon a thin layer on to the tops of each Rice Krispies Treats. Top with crystal sugar or sprinkles prior chocolate setting up. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you love Eggnog, make sure to check out our amazing round up of over FIFTY – yes 50 – great Eggnog Flavored Recipes! And if you love Rice Krispies Treats – I have a whole slew of delicious and easy ones for you!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
oooh! This is so cute! I saw this on Facebook today!
Heather - Chickabug says
YUM. love eggnog, I bet these are delicious!! I might try putting a little nutmeg on top… or would that be weird? I’ll just have to see : )
Heather, I actually considered it, but I had some very picky eating nine year old eyes on me who isn’t “comfortable” with eggnog (ha!), so I didn’t, but I would love to hear how they turn out – I think it would be great!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel says
This is AWESOME. I was surprised to love those eggnog melts as much as I did–and I think I love them even more now when topped on these super tasty looking krispies!