I shared a few days ago just how much I love magic cookies bars. Today I’m sharing a fun new version that I whipped up, Maple Walnut Magic Cookie Bars.
When the folks at Eagle Brand asked me if I would like to share some of my favorite holiday recipes using Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk to help #SweetenTheSeason, I didn’t have to think twice. It’s such a staple in my holiday baking. For as long as I can remember, Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk has been my go to ingredient for both holiday Foolproof Chocolate Fudge and my beloved magic cookie bars.
While I love the traditional Eagle Brand Magic Cookie Bar Recipe, I always have fun trying new versions of it. Not only are magic cookies bars incredibly easy to make, they are pretty darn tough to mess up, making them a great option for new bakers, or those who are pressed for time and need to turn out something great, quickly. This version is definitely a keeper. And like almost all magic cookie bars, it is super easy to make. Something about the maple and walnuts together is just so fabulous for fall.
I love that I don’t even need a bowl to make these. You always hear about one bowl recipes, well I like no bowl recipes. 🙂
I will add a disclaimer here – I’ve made magic cookie bars so many times that I almost make them on auto pilot. While I was pouring the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk onto my graham cracker crumb crust, I realized I had forgotten to add the maple extract. So right after this photo I stopped, added my maple extract into the can of sweetened condensed milk, stirred it up and continued pouring.
Layer on your toppings, which in this case was coconut, white chocolate chips and walnuts. I think this would also be great with pecans. Then into the oven it goes. Easy peasy.
Seriously folks, I could eat the entire pan. They really are one of my absolute favorite desserts.
If you love using Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk as much as I do, then you don’t want to miss the amazing promotion going on over on Eagle Brand’s Pinterest page. Now through December 14 visit Eagle Brand on Pinterest and re-pin your favorite recipes for a chance to win one of over 100 great prizes including a KitchenAid Mixer and other baking essentials! #SweetenTheSeason
Maple Walnut Magic Cookie Bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 cups 12 oz. pkg. white chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- ADD maple extract to your sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with white chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with fork.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
- For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up with edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into bars.
Looking for more delicious Magic Cookie Bar recipes? You don’t want to miss this amazing Magic Cookie Bar Recipe Collection!