If you are looking for a fun twist on the classic pumpkin pie recipe, then this Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie recipe is for you! As easy and delicious as traditional pumpkin pie, but this pie is infused with butterscotch flavor. Not too much, just enough!
Next to turkey, the biggest constant I can think of when it comes to Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie. I can’t imagine a Thanksgiving without it. I don’t tend to get too creative when it comes to pumpkin pie, as the simple gold standard plain pumpkin pie recipe is pretty good stuff. But sometimes you have to think outside the box. Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie anyone?
Butterscotch and pumpkin are beautiful together. It’s a perfect balance of the traditional pumpkin pie flavor, with a delicious butterscotch flavor. Somehow both flavors come through without one over powering the other. It is wonderful. While I usually would say if you were making a variation on pumpkin pie, you might still want a regular one, that’s not the case with this. It’s got everything your regular pie does. Just with a butterscotch bonus.
If you are looking to mix up your pumpkin pie this year, but just a little, not a lot, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
I have to admit, I’m kind of curious how this would taste if you used peanut butter chips. Might have to try that!
When I make pumpkin pie, I usually use slightly less milk than many people do and kick up the spices. We like a spicy, thick pie.
Let’s make some pie…
BUTTERSCOTCH PUMPKIN PIE
Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 14.1-ounce package) or your favorite recipe
- 1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can 15 ounces pumpkin
- 1 can 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Microwave chips in medium bowl on HIGH 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until completely melted. Set aside.
- 2. Mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, milk and melted chips until well blended and smooth. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 40 to 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Looking for some more Thanksgiving desserts? These collections have all of the Thanksgiving sweets and treats recipes that you need! Click on a photo to be taken to the recipes.