Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea? How about a last minute Cinco De Mayo idea?
I have something that is perfect for both. Mini Taco Bowls That You Can Make In Minutes!
This Mini Taco Bowl recipe comes from Kraft and is super simple to make. I was thrilled with how well the little tortilla bowls came out, not only can you fill them with your favorite taco filling, but they would be fabulous to fill with salsa, guacamole or nacho cheese for dipping, or you could even fill them with items like tomatoes and cheese for your Mexican food buffet.
These bowls are made using tortillas that you can pick up at the store (or if you are so inclined, make from scratch, homemade tortillas are incredible). A few seconds in the microwave softens the tortillas up before you place them into a muffin tin and then bake in the oven for a few minutes to create your little mini taco bowls.
White the tortilla bowls are baking, you can whip up your taco fillings. Kraft’s recipe uses a combination of ground beef and salsa. This is one of those recipes that you can get creative with and use what your family prefers. Sometimes for tacos I use ground turkey and one of my favorite taco filings is made by combining salsa or enchilada sauce with chicken breasts and letting them cook in the slow cooker all day. For today’s recipe I came up with quite possibly the quickest and easiest taco filling ever.
Oscar Mayer’s new Carving Board Pulled Pork. It’s precooked, you just need to heat it up and serve it with your favorite taco fixings. Seriously, easy, and delish.
I assembled my tortilla bowls in my muffin pan for my family prior to serving, but it would be really fun to make a taco bar with these and let everyone create their own personalized taco bowl with their favorite toppings including tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, black olives, lettuce, ranch dressing, green onions… whatever YOU like.
I love being able to pull a meal together quickly and easily on a weeknight, but have it be something fun and different like these.
Here is the original recipe from Kraft. Remember you can have fun and personalize it for your tastes. Oscar Mayer’s Carving Board Pulled Pork makes a great choice for your meat if you are pressed on time. You can have all of your filling ready by the time you pull the taco bowl shells out of the oven. Enjoy!
Mini Taco Bowls That You Can Make In Minutes
- 8 flour tortillas 6 inch
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Classic Ranch Dressing
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- MICROWAVE tortillas on HIGH 30 sec. Line each of 8 muffin cups with 1 tortilla. Carefully fold back edges of tortillas, leaving opening in centers for filling.
- BAKE 10 min. Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in salsa; bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min.
- SPOON meat mixture into tortilla bowls; top with remaining ingredients.
- TACO BELL® and HOME ORIGINALS® are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell Corp.
- Substitute: 2 cups shredded cooked chicken for the browned ground beef.
- Substitute: BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream for the dressing.
- Substitute: For a super quick option, substitute a package of Oscar Mayer Carving Board Pulled Pork in place of ground beef.
If this recipe looks good, you might enjoy these as well…
And no Mexican Fiesta is complete without some delicious desserts and drinks!
Disclaimer: While I work with Kraft as a Kraft Tastemaker, this post is not sponsored nor
reviewed by a third party. I am simply sharing recipes that my family has enjoyed.