This One-Pot Chicken And Rice Alfredo recipe is quick and easy to make, family friendly and perfect for busy nights. You can have this picky-eater approved dinner on the table, start-to-finish, in under thirty minutes. I’m a big fan of one-pot dinners, I love having everything made at once, ready at once, with little clean up.
With the holidays and the family on break, the last week has seemed a bit hectic. Fun, and family filled, but hectic! In those fun and hectic times I’m not always the best at meal planning. It’s easy one-pot recipes like these that I can throw together quickly that save me and help get dinner on the table for the family.
Another thing I love during hectic times, or all times really, is grocery pickup. Have you guys started using grocery pick yet? I’m totally in love with Walmart’s Grocery Pick Up. I can order online at choose a time slot and your items will be loaded directly into your car for free! Let me tell you, I’ve quickly gotten spoiled with grocery pick up. If you haven’t tried it yet, you are going to love it! Thank you to Mirum for sponsoring this post.
Okay, back to dinner! This recipe is based off of the Meals That Do More Recipe for Garden Market Chicken by Knorr. It can be hard to make a meal that’s simple, sustainable and nutritious at the same time. Meals That Do More help you do just that.
For this recipe I used Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it pairs wonderfully with chicken and veggies. While this recipe is great with fresh veggies, I love the option of using frozen veggies for connivence. All you need is your Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice, chicken breasts, olive oil, veggies, butter, water and milk, and you have a delicious family-pleasing meal. If you are so inclined you can add some chopped garlic and parmesan cheese as well.
My kids are both love alfredo based recipes, and this recipe did not disappoint. You start by chopping up your chicken into bite sized pieces, and sautéing it with some olive oil and, if desired, minced garlic. Once your chicken is cooked, in about 5-7 minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces, you remove it from the pan and set aside. Then you combine your Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice with butter, milk and water, as instructed on the package.
It only takes about ten minutes to cook, and while it’s cooking I cook my mixed veggies in their microwave steamer bag. Once the rice is cooked, you add back in your chicken, add in your veggies, mix and cook for an additional three minutes. Then it’s ready to serve!
One-Pot Chicken And Rice Alfredo
Easy One-Pot Chicken And Rice Alfredo
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed and seasoned with salt and pepper, if desired
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables prepared according to package
- 1 package Knorr® Selects™ - Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice flavor
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided in two - OPTIONAL
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes, adding garlic during last 30 seconds of cook time. Remove and set aside.
- Cook Knorr® Selects™ Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice in same skillet according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, prepare frozen mixed vegetables according to package directions.
- Once rice has been cooked according to package directions, stir in chicken, mixed vegetables and, if desired, 1/4 cup Parmesan. Stir to combine and cook for an additional three minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top if desired, and serve immediately.
If you are looking for more one-pot meals, check out these!
My Southwestern Chicken and Rice is another delicious rice based all in one meal. Family Food On The Table has a great One-Pot Vegetarian Spaghetti recipe that is a great choice for a meatless Monday meal. I absolutely love the spicy flavors in this One-Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta from Wine & Glue. You can’t go wrong with this hearty and filling One Pot Cheesy Sausage Penne Recipe from Crunchy Creamy Sweet.
Unilever and Walmart ingredients come from sustainable farms, which means they’re smart choice for your family. They help create cost effective and convenient meals, especially when you pair them with Walmart’s Grocery Pick Up. I’m all about cost effective and convenient meals, especially during the busy holiday season. I hope your family enjoys this delicious and easy One-Pot Chicken And Rice Alfredo recipe as much as mine does.
Thank you to Mirium for sponsoring this post. All opinions are mine and mine alone. #EatBetterLiveBetter #Walmart