I could get used to school weeks that start on Wednesday, just saying! The girls are headed back to school after a four day weekend and I have a delicious and SUPER easy holiday dessert for you – Peppermint Fudge Brownies Bites!
Trust me, these are as easy as they come.
Last month the folks at Better Homes And Gardens asked if I would like to make one of their peppermint recipes for an upcoming holiday baking competition. Better Homes And Gardens = love! Any sort of competition = painfully, awkwardly uncomfortable. Peppermint = love! So here we are. In a contest with some of my very favorite bakers. Did I mention, painfully awkward? Um, uncomfortable people! I don’t even like to play board games because I’m so not into the competition. Mini golf? Let’s just say watching friends and family be all crazy serious about winning is far more entertaining than trying to win.
If you are so inclined you can go vote for them today. 🙂
If you want to make these from scratch, instead of using a mix, use my EASY BROWNIES recipe!
- 1 16 ounce package refrigerated ready-to-bake triple chocolate cookie dough
- 1 cup tiny marshmallows
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup crushed striped round peppermint candies or candy canes
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8X8X2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil up over the edges of the pan. Divide cookie dough and place in prepared pan. Using your hand, press dough into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- 2. Bake for 18 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with the marshmallows and half of the chocolate pieces. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes more or until marshmallows are puffed, but not browned. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Cool completely.
- 3. To serve, remove from pan by lifting foil. Place on a cutting board. Using a long, sharp knife,* cut into squares. In a small saucepan, heat and stir the remaining chocolate pieces and the shortening over low heat until melted. Drizzle over brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Makes 25 brownies.
- *Test Kitchen Tip:
- A hot knife will more easily cut through the marshmallows. Between cuts run your knife under hot water and pat with a paper towel to dry.
- To Bake Ahead:
- Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Blogger Variation by Christi Johnstone of Love From The Oven
- For Christi's version, replace semisweet chips with mint-chocolate chips. Finish with decorative sprinkles.
And you can vote for them right here.
Thank you! XOXOXO
And if peppermint is your thing, I can respect that. And enable that.