Chocolate Covered Oreos… With Hello Kitty

In April our youngest daughter will be turning one, and I guess it’s time to start thinking about her first birthday party.  I think every first birthday is super special (heck, every birthday for that matter – I mean I’m always up for cake!), but Grace’s feels a bit more so.   Grace came to our family through the miracle of open adoption.

Anyone who has dealt with infertility or been on the adoption journey knows it’s a long and emotional one, and some days I still can’t believe that this beautiful, healthy and happy little sweetheart is our daughter.

Anyways, so it will be a big celebration, and the only thing I know for sure is the colors will be orange, pink and yellow.    Looking in my baking cabinet today I thought it might be a good idea to start trying out ideas for treats for her party.   I decided to go with chocolate covered marshmallow pops and chocolate covered vanilla oreo pops.

I started with dipping the sticks in chocolate and than popping them into the marshmallows.   I find that doing this, and letting the chocolate set up before dipping the entire marshmallow, makes it a bit more sturdy on the stick (and less likely to take a dive into your bowl of chocolate).

I took the oreos (well to be specific, the Trader Joe’s Joe Joe’s.  Yummy!) apart and put some chocolate inside to hold the sticks inside the cookies.

After that I put the top back on the cookies and let the chocolate set up before dipping the entire cooking into chocolate.

Yeah.  I think these are going to be cute.

The Hello Kitty sugar decorations kind of took them to a whole new level of cuteness.  Of course Hello Kitty does that with anything, at least in my opinion.  :)

Chocolate covered marshmallow sweetness.

Chocolate dipped Oreo goodness.

Yay!  Oreos, chocolate and Hello Kitty.  I think that will work for a party.

I think that would make a cute little party favor.   Now, maybe I should taste test, I mean I don’t want people eating anything that I’m not 100% sure is delicious…

Share!

Comments

Christi

your work is amazing!!! and your daughter is perfect, that image is priceless, thank you so much for sharing it. I absolutely love your work , I would love to share you with all of my friends!!
    So glad I stopped by today
    Dennis

2. Sandra says

Absolutely LOVE these!! What type of sprinkles are those you use? It looks like you have a good size tub of them in the main picture showing all your ingredients you use. What brand is it or where would I find them at?

I just want to say I love how incredibly cute these are. My daughter’s 2nd birthday is in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about Oreo cookie pops and I was wondering how to get them on the stick. Imagine my surprise and giddiness when I ran across your blog post!! YAY!

4. indy5 says

i forgot i was reading about the hello kitty goodies , i was distracted with the precious bundle of joy so precous i love her and never met her. give her kiss for me and kiss those legs lol i have a one year old…its such a blessing but alot of work .

5. Mindi M. says

Quick question on the cute dipped Oreo’s, did you stand them up like cake pops when you dipped them? So that both sides are covered and sprinkled?

Mindi, sometimes I put chocolate on both sides (so completely dunk them in chocolate), sometimes I just cover the front with chocolate. Unlike cake pops, I do lay them down on wax paper after dipping, even if I cover both sides. The plus to the flat bottoms! :) I do not sprinkle both sides though, but you certainly could, it’d be very cute.

6. Mindi M. says

Thanks Christi!
    I’ve only found your blog recently through facebook, and I look forward to all of your postings. :-)

Stay cool in the heat.
    Mindi

7. Lindsay says

So adorable! Where do you get the sticks? I looked on the cakearts site but couldnt locate… thanks for posting this! :)

8. tricia says

hi there. these look so good. where did you buy the sprinkles? i buy them but they come in small containers. please reply thanks.

I love your blog! So many wonderful baking ideas. My daughter’s 7th birthday slumber party is coming up and I love those dipped oreos. Think I’ll be making them.

1. […] I have a few more fun twists on chocolate covered Oreo Pops for Halloween.   Oreos are one of the ingredients in the Making Halloween Spook-Tacular Kit from Kraft (go enter to win one!) and they happen to be one of my favorite ingredients to work with.  You can use them in so many different ways, and one of my favorite ways is with no bake Oreo Pops. […]