Rich and buttery, with an amazing moist texture, this Jiffy Cornbread might just be the best cornbread you’ll ever have. I’m not sure I can adequately put into words just how utterly delicious this easy Jiffy cornbread recipe is!
Reasons To Make This Cornbread:
- You are ready for the most delicious cornbread you’ve ever had!
- The only thing better than delicious cornbread is EASY and delicious cornbread, and this is it!
- It’s a fantastic side for a wide variety of meals, but absolutely shines with chili, soup and BBQ foods.
- With just the right amount of sweetness, this cornbread can even be served as dessert, with honeybutter.
With a little help from the classic Jiffy Cornbread Mix, this cornbread recipe produces the most flavorful and moist cornbread I’ve ever had. I would go as far as to stay that it puts my completely from scratch cornbread to shame! You read that right, this is better than any completely from scratch cornbread I’ve ever made. And just to add a disclaimer, this post is in no way sponsored by Jiffy, I’m just super in love with this recipe!
So often, cornbread is a bit on the dry side. It’s a very common problem. Not this cornbread. Two days after I first made this cornbread, it was still moist. If there is such a thing as magical cornbread, this just might be it.
While I like cornbread, I’ve never felt like I LOVE cornbread. Well that has changed. I’m not exaggerating when I say I ate the leftovers of this Jiffy Cornbread for breakfast the day after I made it. And I’m not lying when I say I was pretty darn sad when it was gone.
This Jiffy Cornbread Recipe will be whipped up often in my kitchen from here on out. Who would have thought that those iconic little boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix would, with some doctoring, produce such a spectacular result. Truth be told I didn’t exactly expect to be wowed by this, or any, cornbread recipe. So the fact I’m practically singing it’s praises, that says something!
Jiffy Cornbread Recipe
To make this recipe, you are going to set the Jiffy cornbread directions on the box aside. We’re taking this cornbread to a whole other level. I cannot wait for you to try this recipe, it’s THAT good.
Sweet Cornbread Or Savory Cornbread
I prefer my cornbread on the sweet side. Not overly sweet, but with a hint of sweetness. If you prefer, you can leave out the sugar in this recipe. You’ll still have a great result, just slightly less sweet.
Ingredients At A Glance
(Full printable recipe below)
- Two boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Milk or Half and Half
- Sour Cream
- Vegetable Oil
- Sugar (Optional)
Those ingredients will simply be mixed together by hand, then the batter gets poured into a 9×9 baking pan and popped in the oven. Super simple here, perfect for when you need to be more hands on with other dishes for a meal.
What To Eat Cornbread With
Look, eating this cornbread all on it’s own is one heck of a delicious thing to do. Or better yet, top it with honey butter! However I do understand you might want to pair it with some other food items.
- 2 8.5oz boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup milk or half and half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sugar optional, include if you like a sweet cornbread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 9x9 inch baking pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir by hand until well combined, but do NOT overmix. Batter may be slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for approxiately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserteted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Store any uneaten portions tightly covered.