Pretzel S’mores

It is no secret I love a sweet and salty combo.   With it being summer and s’mores the popular snack of the moment, I thought it would be fun to make a salty version using pretzels.

I’m a big fan of pretzels, and use them often when I’m making treats.  These are easy to make and really tasty.   All you need is pretzels, marshmallows, chocolate bars for inside the s’more and melting chocolate for the outside if you want to cover your s’more in chocolate (I pretty much want to cover everything in chocolate).  Add some optional sprinkles, and you are good to go!

I used jumbo marshmallows and cut them to a more manageable size.   Sit the marshmallows on your pretzel, add some chocolate (I used a dark chocolate candy bar) and then microwave for a few seconds.  I’m sure you could also do this in the oven, but with a 15 month old at my feet, I’m all about the quickest option possible.   The marshmallows PUFF UP in the microwave, so do not walk away – mine took less than ten seconds.    Pull them out, add the second pretzel and let set up.   You could easily call it good at this point.

I decided to dip mine in Wilton’s Chocolate Melts (the light/milk chocolate).   I found that putting the s’mores in the freezer for a few minutes made them more manageable when dipping.   That’s it – another quick and easy treat that is sure to please and would be so fun for a summer get together.

And on the inside…

That’s some good stuff.

Comments

1. Felicia says

Just recently discovered your blog and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy checking in with you everyday. You never disappoint! And……I just happen to have some pretzels and marshmallows, thanks for sharing!

Wow!!! These sound delightful!!! I love pretzels & Chocolate and I love Marshmallows too!!! What a creatively marvelous idea!!! YUMMO :D You get BIG KUDOS for this one!!!! :D

3. allana says

Hi there- can you provide any sort of ratios! I’m mostly interested in how much chocolate you need to cover X number of pretzels

Thanks!

Allana – honestly I’m really unscientific, if I don’t have enough, I heat up more, if I have too much, i rummage through my panty for more things to dip in chocolate. I’d probably use half a bag of the Wilton Melts for about four of these – they are good size S’mores. I should measure a bit more, but I’m much more of a throw it together quick type. :)

• Courtney says

Hello, this recipe sounds delish!! Just curious, are you using regular sized pretzels or the mini ones? I’m planning on using this recipe for our party tomor row and I’m about to head to the store. Thanks!!

4. allana says

Thanks for your quick reply! I don’t work with chocolate melts etc very often so I have no sense of how much comes out of one bar :) I think my store just sells it in bar form, not the melts.

5. Lyssa says

Another way to make a sweet and salty smore is to simply use a Reese’s cup instead of a piece of Hershey’s chocolate when you’re hanging around the campfire.

6. bevanne crawley says

I love this and your smore pops I have made cake pops for family and friends it
    Was quite time consuming your treats are so much quicker and look
    Just as tasty thanks so much we are always having pot luck where
    I work I know exactly what I’m making for the next one there pretzel
    Smores everyone will be so wowed by them lol I always try to come
    P with something different to bring thanks for the new ideas

7. jamie says

I love this idea. Im curious about making them in advance and storing? Any thoughts?? Would making them ahead of time and keeping them in the fridge be ok? This is something Id like to make for possible Xmas goodies and am wanting to get a headstart on some stuff…if these could be made and froze that would be awesome. Can someone please let me know if they’ve done this?!?!
    Thanks!

8. andrea says

These look yummy! Have you tried this combo: squish a junior mint between 2 small pretzels and dip in chocolate. One of my favorite!

9. Kathleen says

These look great! I make cake balls for teacher gifts for the yearly teacher appreciation day at my daughter’s school. I think I’ll make these as well!

I think they would also be great for a party. An easy and impressive food item to bring.

10. babysushi says

i love your blog! you’ll be my inspiration when i put up my dream store which is an ice cream sundae parlor which i hope is next year *fingers crossed. lots of love from the phlippines

11. Kristen says

I just made these, I picked unsalted mini pretzels and these were easy. I feel you could make these with a little child learning to cook. I made these for a party later today so I will let you know how they liked it. Super easy snack!

12. Rebecca says

These are so addictive! Seriously. I’ve made them three times in the past two weeks. Since I’ve made them three times, I can tell you that they are messy to assemble. But they are worth it!