Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a delicious way to start a fall day. Soft cake donuts coated in apple cider, cinnamon and sugar, everyone falls in love with these delicious donuts. Quick and easy to make, you can have a batch of these donuts ready and waiting for the family in less time than it takes to run to the neighborhood doughnut shop.
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Delicious fall flavors make these donuts a festive favorite.
- Quick and easy to make, you simply mix up the ingredients and then bake for less than ten minutes!
- No frying here, these are easily made in your oven.
- Don’t have a donut pan? Don’t worry, you can make them in a muffin pan.
These donuts are incredibly quick and easy to make. If you’ve never made donuts before, you will love how easy these are! You can be enjoying an apple cider donut in about twenty minutes!
They are very straightforward to make. It’s simply a matter of mixing your wet ingredients, then your dry ingredients, combining and baking. Then they get a dip in butter, cinnamon and sugar, and they are good to go!
There are few things to keep in mind when making these donuts. First, and maybe most importantly, do not use apple cider VINEGAR. You want apple cider – the type you drink! Let’s not make vinegar donuts, they won’t be good.
When making donuts, it’s obviously helpful to have a donut pan. This is the donut pan I have, and I recommend it. While you can use a Ziploc style bag to pipe your donut batter into the pan, if you want to use a piping bag, these Ateco piping bags are my favorites.
If you love this apple cider donut recipe, make sure to also check out my Apple Fritters and Apple Fritter Bread!
More Apple Recipes!
Apple Cider Donuts
- 6 cavity donut pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized microwavable bowl, melt butter 30 seconds at a time until fully melted. Remove from microwave and pour in apple cider. Set aside to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour,baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add sugar, honey, sour cream and beaten egg to the melted butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Transfer batter to a piping bag or large freezer bag. Snip off a bottom corner and pipe batter into donut pan cavities
- Bake 7–8 minutes and remove from oven. Allow donuts to sit in pan 1–2 minutes, then invert donuts onto a wire cooling rack.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, melt butter and combine with apple cider.In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon mixture.Working quickly, dip each donut into the butter mixture to cover with butter, then immediately dip in the sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat.Place back on cooling rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply