Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, not counting dessert of course! Biscuits and gravy has been a family favorite since I was a child, as have breakfast sandwiches. Today I’m mixing it up and combining the two dishes into one with Biscuit And Gravy Breakfast Sandwiches.
The only thing better than a breakfast biscuit? One with gravy. And bacon. And this bacon practically cooked itself while I made the gravy, thanks to OXO’s Microwave Bacon Crisper. It makes bacon quickly, safely and in just a few simple steps. No messes, perfect bacon and it drains the grease off so that you can easily make gravy with it.
And to make it even easier, because I’m all about that, OXO also has a Microwave Egg Cooker lets you make scrambled or fried eggs for breakfast sandwiches in a minute or less. The only thing better than a breakfast sandwich is a quick and easy breakfast sandwich! I love that you can make scrambled (what my husband likes) or fried (what I like).
Bring these two together, add in some biscuits, cheese and gravy, and you have one yummy breakfast.
So let’s make breakfast, shall we?
This is one of those flexible recipes, almost more of an idea than a specific recipe. You’ll want to grab some biscuits (I like this recipe), some cheese, some eggs and some bacon. You’ll get whatever number of those items you need for how many you want to make. OXO provides the instructions for cooking your eggs and bacon right on their packaging, helping you adjust to the right cook time for the number of items you make.
The bacon gravy recipe makes enough to top about eight breakfast sandwiches. You can cut it in half if that works better for your family.
BACON GRAVY FOR BISCUIT
AND GRAVY BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
Bacon Gravy For Biscuit And Gravy Sandwiches
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, warmed
- 1/2-1 tsp salt depending on taste
- 1/2-1 tsp pepper depending on taste
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine warm bacon grease and flour and mix until well combined. Transfer to pan and heat on medium to medium high heat, while whisking, until starting to bubble, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk to mixture and whisk well. Once it starts to simmer, reduce heat, add in the chopped bacon, salt, pepper and seasonings, and simmer on a low heat while stirring for approximately 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately on top of biscuits or biscuit sandwiches.
Once your gravy, eggs and bacon are done, put them, and some cheese, onto a biscuit and get ready for a delicious, and easy, breakfast. I hope your family enjoys these delicious breakfast sandwiches. Check out these great products from OXO that help make cooking and baking easier.
Thank you to OXO for providing the products used in this post at no charge. All opinions however are mine and mine alone.