You’ve had a magic cookie bar before, right? That glorious mix of a buttery graham cracker crust, creamy sweetened condensed milk, chewy coconut and lots of chocolate chips, nuts or candies on top, right? If not, we really need to change that. Stat.
Magic cookie bars are one of my all time favorite desserts. I love to make them for every holiday, and it’s so fun to switch them up by adding different holiday M&M’s. Valentine Magic Cookie Bars, Christmas Magic Cookie Bars, Halloween Magic Cookie Bars – I love them all! When I make them during the holidays, I have to wait and make them at the very last minute. Why? Because I could pretty much have my way with the entire pan. Just give me a fork and get out of my way.
Ah, I mean seriously. LOOK AT THAT. And they are ridiculously easy to make. Like you can’t mess them up and you don’t even need a mixing bowl.
You just layer all that good stuff in a pan, bake it and enjoy. And share. Maybe. If you are feeling generous. Or on second thought share, quickly, before they call your name and you eat them all and wonder what the heck happened. I speak from experience on this one.
I love using holiday M&M candies to add color to my magic cookie bars. You can make these work for different holidays just by picking up a bag of colorful M&Ms. Easy peasy.
MAGIC COOKIE BAR RECIPE
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup Holiday M&M candies
- 1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- sprinkles for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer with coconut, chocolate chips, M&M candies, sprinkles and nuts if desired. Press down firmly with fork.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least one hour. Cut into bars, serve and enjoy.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
And if you want even more recipes for Magic Cookie Bars, check out my Magic Cookie Bar recipe collection!
Originally published February 2015