We have always loved the Paradise Bakery Black and White Chippers cookies. They are rich, dark, chewy and oh so chocolatey. You know, like these…
These is my version of a copy Black And White Chippers recipe from Paradise Bakery. Or maybe that’s now Black and White Chippers recipe from Panera? Either way, they were one of my daughter’s favorite cookies, but due to her nut allergy, she can’t eat any of the cookies from Paradise Bakery. Obviously that means I have to make them at home, right?
My girls both headed back to school yesterday (middle school and kindergarten – talk about a big day – for MOM!), and I wanted to send a little something special in their lunch boxes, and these cookies fit the bill.
Paradise Bakery Chippers Recipe
It might come as a surprise that I rarely (as in 2-3 times a year) send desserts in my daughters’ lunchboxes. My oldest is quick to point this out to people who think having a food blogger for a mom is so great. She is happy to tell you that she’s often the only kid without a dessert at lunch, and thus having a mom who bakes constantly is not all it’s cracked up to be. So I think I scored some mom points by tucking one of these into each of their lunchboxes.
If you LOVE chocolate, do yourself a favor and make these! I stuck to only white chocolate chips in mine, but feel free to add chocolate chips as well. And those cute mini white chocolate chips, I found them at Whole Foods. I have a hard time finding mini white chips, so I was pretty excited to find these. I find the mini chips are slightly less of a mess with my five year old, and whatever lessens the mess, I am ALL for.
Black And White Chippers Recipe
Black And White Chippers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup and 1/4 all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour (if you only have all purpose on hand you can use that!)
- 1 cups and 1/4 cocoa powder I prefer to do a mix of regular and dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup and 1/2 white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and creamy. Add in sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated into batter. Add in vanilla and mix.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in white chocolate and chocolate chips.
- 4. Using a standard size cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Space dough at least 2" apart.
- 5. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan on a wire rack for at least five minutes. Repeat with remaining dough. Allow to cool completely prior to storing. Store in an airtight container.
Check out all of the cookie recipes on this site!
Hope all of you heading back to school have a great start to your school year!