I have a cookie for you. A giant cookie. A cookie that can be cooked up quickly in a single pan, that can be cut into bars, frosted into a cake or served warm with ice cream? Sound good?
Believe me, it IS good. And it’s super easy. I love a good bar style cookie when I’m in a hurry and just don’t have time for all the scooping and cookie sheets and spatula time that comes with traditional cookies. Bar cookies to the rescue! And what makes them even better is the glorious ability to serve them warm, topped with a scoop of cold ice cream and finished off with a little caramel and hot fudge. Perfection.
This giant cookie can be whipped up, baked and pulled out of the oven, start to finish, in less than an hour’s time. So if you want a delicious dessert tonight, or need to whip something up quick (heck, you can serve it warm and not wait for cooling!), give this deliciousness a try. And while I made this in a round pan, you could swap out a square pan if that’s easier for you.
Can I offer you a slice?
Giant Cookie Recipe
Giant Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 medium size eggs
- 2 teaspoons high quality vanilla extract
- 2 cups and 1/4 all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer mini but any size will work!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8" round pan or 9" round pan by spraying lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, mix softened butter until light and fluffy. Add in brown sugar and mix well. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well to combine. Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not over mix. Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 18-23 minutes. Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, you can remove entire cookie from the pan, or slice from the pan and serve like a pie.
- We love this served warm, topped with ice cream and a pinch of sea salt. You can reheat slices in the microwave for approximately 10-20 seconds.
Check out all of the cookie recipes on this site!