I can’t help myself. I have to break out the candy canes. I know, it’s not even Thanksgiving yet, but the candy canes and chocolate and peppermint goodies on store shelves are calling to me.
And thus I must do things like Candy Cane Oreo Truffle Cones. I made some Oreo Truffle cones for Halloween and I have to say, I really like using the mini cones. They aren’t as messy to dip as just truffles and they seem a fair amount easier to dip than pops on sticks. And no bake, gotta love that.
I made these the way I always make my Oreo truffles.
For this version I used the Candy Cane Oreos (found at Target), Philadelphia Indulgence Chocolate Cream Cheese, crushed up candy canes, Wilton Candy Cane Melts, Joy Mini Cones (found at Walmart), Chocolate CandiQuik Coating and topped them with sprinkles, crushed candy canes and White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s (found at Target).
I used 14 Oreos and about 3 1/2 to 4 tablespoons of the chocolate cream cheese.
First you make your Oreo truffle mixture. I added about 2 tsp crushed candy canes, but you can leave them out.
Rolled them into balls.
Then popped them into the fridge to chill for a few minutes. While doing that I set up my mini cones in my Kupcake Konz pan (love this pan!). Next I melted my chocolate. Then I dipped the bottom of each truffle into the chocolate coating and then sat it on a cone. This step allows the truffles to stick to the cones when you are ready to dip the entire truffle into your chocolate.
Back into the fridge to chill for a few minutes. Once the chocolate is completely set, then you can dip them into the chocolate coating.
After that chocolate sets up, I spooned a bit of regular chocolate coating on top of each and garnished with either sprinkles or crushed candy canes and topped with a White Chocolate Peppermint M&M.
Simple as that!
Want a bite?
Chocolate and peppermint – ah, I love!
Candy Cane Oreo Truffle Cones
- Candy Cane Oreos - approx 14-15
- Chocolate Cream Cheese - approx 4 TBSP - softened
- Crushed Candy Canes - approx 2 tsp optional
- Wilton Candy Cane Melts approx 1/2 bag
- Chocolate Melts/Coating - approx 1/3 cup melted
- Joy Mini Cones - 12
- Sprinkles crushed candy canes and M&M's for garnishing
- Crush Oreos in food process. Once crushed, combine with chocolate cream cheese and crushed candy canes. Combine well with hands. Once well combined roll into 12 balls, approx 1-1 1/2" in diameter. Put in fridge to chill. While chilling prepare your cones and melt your Wilton Candy Cane Melts according to directions on package. Remove truffles from fridge and quickly dip the bottom half of each truffle in Candy Cane Melts, and then immediately place onto a cone. Return cones with truffles on top to fridge to chill. Once Candy Cane Melts have fully set (approx 10 minutes in fridge), remove from fridge and dip each cone into the Candy Cane Melts to fully cover the truffle. Once chocolate has set, melt regular chocolate coating and spoon a bit on top of each cone. Top immediately with crushed candy canes, sprinkles and M&M's. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Candy Cane Oreos (found at Target)
Philadelphia Indulgence Chocolate Cream Cheese
Crushed up candy canes
Wilton Candy Cane Melts
Joy Mini Cones (found at Walmart)
Chocolate CandiQuik Coating
Toppings: sprinkles, crushed candy canes and White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s (found at Target).