It’s no secret I’m a huge muffin and quick bread fan, and today I have a great recipe for you. A super delicious Pumpkin Banana Walnut Bread – and it’s packed full of good stuff! Made with white whole wheat flour it provides whole grains, using a bit extra pumpkin and banana lets you cut way back on oil while providing Vitamin A and Potassium, and Diamond Walnuts provide protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals. Such a great way to start the day.
The folks at Diamond of California Nuts asked if I would like to share a recipe featuring their delicious walnuts or pecans. Given that I love both, I was game. I’m a big walnut and pecan lover, so I could put them in anything from cookies to brownies to sweet potatoes. But I decided to go with one of my absolute favorite things to make. Bread. In my mind the only thing better than a nice slice of pumpkin bread is one that is loaded with walnuts or pecans. I used Diamond Walnuts in this recipe but Diamond Pecans would be every bit as delicious.
I love giving breads at the holidays. They freeze wonderfully and they make such a great breakfast or coffee break snack. With so many sweet treats and desserts, I think breads are a nice balance, especially if the recipient can pop the bread in the freezer to enjoy a few days later. I made this recipe as mini loaves which I like to wrap individually in plastic wrap and then put into a holiday container.
This recipe can also be made as a full size loaf of bread or as muffins. Whatever works for you!
100 years of holiday traditions you just don’t mess with. Classic family recipes call for a classic ingredient. Diamond of California nuts. The only nut good enough for your mom’s mom’s recipes is the only one that should be in yours. Diamond of California. Premium quality nuts since 1912.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 ripe bananas mashed or pureed
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt optional
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Diamond Walnuts or Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray either a muffin pan, mini loaf pan or full size bread pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin puree, banana, oil and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- You Diamond Walnuts can either be mixed in with the ingredients, sprinkled on top or both.
- Pour into you pan of choice.
- For muffins bake approx 20 min or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- For mini loaf pan (8 loaves) bake approx 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- For full size loaf pan, bake approx 60 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Diamond of California via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Diamond of California