Carrot sheet cake is a fabulous and portable dessert that is perfect for spring get togethers and Easter dinners. Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes, and while I love a layer cake, sometimes I want a carrot sheet cake. This carrot sheet cake is both quick to make and easy to take with you to those family functions that you signed up to bring a dessert to.
When I’m making cakes for us to enjoy in our home, I like to make layer cakes. When I’m making cakes to take to friends and family, I’m a big fan of making my cakes in a 13×9 pan, which makes them incredibly simple to transport, especially if you have a 13×9 pan with a lid. Today’s carrot sheet cake recipe is made in a 13×9 pan, so you can take this along for spring get togethers or Easter celebrations. It’s a lot less stress than worrying if your layer cake will make it to Grandma’s house in one piece!
The ingredients in this carrot sheet cake are really straight forward. No funny business here!
You simply combine your eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in your mixer, followed by your butter and oil.
I have the grater attachment for my KitchenAid Mixer. I use it sometimes, like if I am needing a LOT of grated carrots. It’s a bit of work to clean, so if I’m just grating enough carrots for one carrot sheet cake, I’ll probably grate them by hand. But it does work well in case you are wondering.
You can also add nuts, coconut, pineapple and/or (if you must!) raisins. Can’t say I know why you would add raisins, but who am I to knock your tastes. Because we have a nut allergy in our home I skip the nuts and coconut, but I think they are perfection in carrot cake! It all goes into your 13×9 pan, and into the oven.
I can’t wait for you to try this delicious carrot sheet cake!
Carrot Sheet Cake Recipe
Carrot Sheet Cake
EASY CARROT CAKE RECIPE
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup melted and cooled butter
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 4 cups grated carrots
- Optional - add in one cup of shredded coconut pineapple, pecans or walnuts
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
CARROT CAKE DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugars and vanilla extract. Add in melted butter and oil, mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients (not including carrots). Mix together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just mixed. Stir in carrots and any mix in items. Pour into a 13x9 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil spray, or buttered and floured.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING DIRECTIONS:
- BEAT cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Blend in salt. If frosting is thicker than you desire, add a few drops of milk. If it's thinner than you desire, increase powdered sugar by one tablespoon at a time. Frost cake.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
MORE CARROT CAKE RECIPES
If you like this carrot sheet cake recipe, you’ll want to check out my other carrot cake recipes! I have quite a few other carrot cake recipes you can try as well. You can’t go wrong with my classic carrot cake recipe, it really is the best carrot cake recipe I’ve ever tried. If you are looking for a healthy carrot cake recipe, check out my carrot cake bundt cake (it has a secret ingredient!). Want to lighten things up a bit? Try my light carrot cake recipe. And we can’t forget about the cupcakes, check out my carrot cake cupcakes recipe as well.
MORE SHEET CAKE RECIPES
If you love a great sheet cake, then I have some fantastic sheet cake recipes you’ll want to save and try. Amanda’s Cookin has an incredible Texas Sheet Cake, such a classic! Southern Plate has an absolutely lovely Chantilly Sheet Cake recipe that I love. She Wears Many Hats has a delectable and absolutely perfect Coconut Sheet Cake recipe that is fantastic for spring. I love lemon, so it’s no surprise that I’m obsessed with Tidy Mom’s Lemon Sheet Cake, another fantastic choice for spring.