Happy Monday! I spent my weekend baking cookies. A lot of cookies. Christmas cookies! Yes, it’s early, but some of those cookies are being shipped off to friends and the rest are tucked into my freezer. Bring on the holiday cookie recipes! These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, oh my – these might be one of the BEST cookies I make, and I don’t say that lightly!
Seriously, I made a lot of cookies this weekend! Take a look…
Thankfully, drop cookies freeze pretty wonderfully. I don’t have any fancy freezing techniques, I simply let them cool completely and put them into freezer bags. It’s a great way to get a head start on holiday baking, and lets me focus on things like candies, fudge, bark (items I don’t want to freeze) right before Christmas.
The next few weeks, look for lots of Christmas cookie recipes and #SmartCookieTips here on Love From The Oven. I’ll be sharing all of my favorite cookie recipes, tips, tricks and resources. Make sure to check out my Cookie Pinterest Board for everything cookie related and all of the awesome recipes I have my eye on. You can follow along on Instagram for more cookie fun and a peek behind behind the scenes. Also, I happened to write a fun cookie book this year called SMART COOKIE, and it makes an awesome holiday gift! 🙂 Cookies, cookies and more cookies!
Let’s get started with one of my all time favorites, my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. I shared these a few years ago, and I know a number of readers have told me that they are now one of their family favorites as well. I’ve been making these for probably 15 years. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, these are the best.
These cookies are packed full of chocolate chips, peanut butter chip, mini peanut butter cups and even chopped up full size peanut butter cups.
These are a “more is more” type of cookie. Oh, and while I usually use peanut butter in these cookies, I found the new Reese’s Spread, so I used some of that as well!
Yeah, these are PACKED full of peanut butter and chocolate.
I make my version of these with dark cocoa powder, because we prefer dark chocolate. But you can totally make these with regular cocoa powder. Whatever works for you.
Seriously. Make these Christmas Cookies.
And don’t forget the milk. 🙂
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter or 1/2 cup Reese's Chocolate Spread and 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 10 regular-sized peanut butter cups cut in pieces (or about 20-25 small cups)
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).
- In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla, peanut butter(s) and eggs; mixing well.
- Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in chips and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonful on to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
And don’t miss yesterday’s delicious Chocolate Christmas Cookie Recipe that I shared over on Ebay, where I also share recipes (no, not for sale, I blog there, along with lots of other bloggers!).
Check back tomorrow for more Christmas Cookie Recipes, I’ve got lots in the works!
Make sure to check out my Cookie Pinterest Board for everything cookie related and all of the awesome recipes I have my eye on. You can follow along on Instagram for more cookie fun and a peek behind behind the scenes. And my fun book, SMART COOKIE, makes an awesome holiday gift! 🙂 Cookies, cookies and more cookies!
If chocolate and peanut butter are your thing, then you can’t miss these posts!
And recipes using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups