I have a super delicious recipe for you today, Cookies ‘N’ Cream Magic Bar Pie!
You all follow Crazy For Crust, right? Dorothy is such a creative baker, and is always coming up with the most delicious dessert creations. I adore her as a blogger and as a person. I have been waiting (maybe a bit impatiently) for her first cookbook, Dessert Mash-Ups, ever since she announced that she was writing it. Dessert Mash-Ups takes your favorite desserts and puts them together, with recipes like Sconuts, S’morescake and Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. The cookbook is fantastic, and full of mouth watering recipes that are pure genius.
There are so many amazing recipes in Dessert Mash-Ups, I can’t wait to try them all! There are 50 mouth-watering dessert mash-up recipes to choose from – all with photos. Cheesecake with cookies, pie with candy, cookies with pie, cheesecake with brownies, cake with breakfast and so many more combinations that will make you want to get in your kitchen.
When I saw that Dorothy had turned one my favorite desserts, magic cookie bars, into a pie, I knew it would be the first recipe I would try in Dessert Mash-Ups. Dorothy and I both love magic cookie bars, also called seven layer bars and hello dolly bars. They are super simple to make, but produce such amazing results.
When I was gathering ingredients to make Dorothy’s Cookies ‘n’ Cream Magic Bar Pie, I realized I had some of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreos in my pantry, and thought it would be fun to use those instead of regular Oreos, turning this into Peanut Butter Cookies ‘n’ Cream Magic Bar Pie. After I made them it dawned on me these would be awesome with some peanut butter chips in them. I guess I’ll try that next time.
Seriously, it doesn’t get much easier than this. You just pile your ingredients into your pie crust, pour on your sweetened condensed milk (I also give it a little bit of a stir to make sure that the milk makes it through all of the ingredients) and bake. So easy and SO good. If you love magic cookie bars, you need to make this. Stat. Trust me.
Peanut Butter Cookies ‘n’ Cream Magic Bar Pie
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white or peanut butter chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookies coarsely chopped
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed sandwich cookies and melted butter with a fork. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 or 9 1/2 inch pie plate.
- 3. Sprinkle the milk chocolate chips, coconut, white or peanut butter chips, and additional chopped sandwich cookies over the crust. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the filling. (Note: if your sweetened condensed milk is too thick to pour, transfer to a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 15 to 20 seconds).
- 4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the top seems set and not gooey. Cool completely before serving. Store covered at room temperature for up to four days.
Recipe NotesRecipe reprinted with permission.
You can head over to Amazon to order Dessert Mash-Ups, and also check out Dorothy’s blog, Crazy For Crust. A little birdie also told me that there is a GIGANTIC giveaway coming very soon, packed full of great cookbooks by bloggers, and maybe even a KitcenAid Stand Mixer, so stay tuned for that – you will not want to miss it, just trust me on this one. 🙂