My family always loves Halloween. I have such great memories of Halloween growing up, it was always a fun time spent with family and friends, but it lacked the normal business and stress that other holidays or events always seemed to include.
It does seem easy to get carried away with all the great Halloween ideas on Pinterest – perfect costumes, elaborate decorations both inside our homes and out, big parties, treats that take hours (or days) to create… but I’m making a conscious effort to scale down some of that craziness with our holidays this year.
While it might not look as “festive”, there is something to be said for enjoying our time together and keeping things on the simple side. And speaking of simple, I’ve whipped up some super simple, and delicious, and easy Halloween cookies to share with you.
Hey there, teddy bear. I love spritz cookies, you can seriously make a gigantic batch in no time, they taste delicious and there is no need to frost them.
These little guys get a piece of Brach’s Candy Corn added to them mid-way through baking, but that’s the extent of decorating. So simple, quick to make, and everyone loves them.
To make these cute little guys, I used my cookie press fitted with a teddy bear attachment. You could really use any attachment, or even skip the press and just drop the dough onto your cookie sheet (approximately 1 tbsp per cookie).
I tried baking these cookies with the candy corn pieces put on prior to baking. The candy corn started melting right towards the end. I also tried putting the candy corn on right after I took them out of the oven, but not all of the candy corn pieces really stayed put.
The sweet spot is pulling the cookies out of the oven halfway through, placing your candy corn onto your cookies, and putting them back into the oven to finish baking. It melts the candy corn just enough to have it stay put on the cookies.
I love that there is no need to do anything else to these cookies, no frosting, no piping, nothing. They are good to go! These make a super cute little treat for your friends or neighbors. Package them up with some fun packaging and they are a sweet little gift.
No tricks here, just treats!
Candy Corn Spritz Cookies
Candy Corn Spritz Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature, 3 sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 144 pieces candy corn
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, continuously beating.
- Gradually add flour and cocoa powder, beating until well incorporated.
- Place dough in Cookie Press with desired disk. Press dough out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes, remove from oven and quickly place candy corn pieces on each cookie. Return to oven and bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to serving dish.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that you and your family have a fun and safe Halloween!