Life is full of tough choices, like if you want cheesecake or brownies for dessert, but I say have both with these easy and delicious Cheesecake Brownies! Decadent chocolate brownies with just the right amount of cheesecake filling added in.
I might have gone a little over the top with this Cheesecake Brownie recipe. It starts with a brownie base that is topped with a drizzle of hot fudge sauce, then topped with a delicious cream cheese cheesecake mixture that has had both vanilla beans and mini chocolate chips stirred into it.
After that the remaining brownie batter is added to the very top. Next the brownie batter and cream cheese mixture are swirled with a knife, and then into the oven it goes.
The brownies in this recipe can be made using a box mix, but you could also use a favorite brownie recipe if you have one. I am fond of my EASY BROWNIES recipe for this one.
That’s pretty hard to resist right there! A perfect combination of chocolate and cheesecake! You can have your (cheese)cake and eat it too!
If you like over the top brownies, make sure to also check out my Slutty Brownies. Don’t let the name scare you (who knows how THAT name came to be?). They are a delicious combo of brownies, cookie dough and Oreos!
- 1 box 13x9 size brownie mix
- Ingredients called for on brownie mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce optional
Cream Cheese Layer
- 4 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature (the kind that comes in a block, not the spreadable kind that comes in a container)
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
OPTIONAL - additional 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips for sprinkling on the top.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. If using a dark or non-stick pan, reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper. A pan with a loose or removable bottom is recommended.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and vanilla bean together until smooth and creamy. Fold in mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Stir in one cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the bottom of prepared pan. If desired, drizzle hot fudge sauce over brownie batter. Carefully spoon or pour cream cheese mixture on top of hot fudge and brownie batter. Don't worry if you don't cover the entire surface. Spoon remaining brownie batter onto cream cheese layer. With a knife, gently run the knife through the mixtures to create the marble effect. If desired sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, at least two hours.
- Cut into sixteen brownies.
- Store any remaining brownies in the fridge. Enjoy!
So the next time you can’t decide between cheesecake and brownies, go with cheesecake brownies. Have the best of both worlds!