Hey look, I made you football cookies! Word on the street is that there is some football game next weekend. Oh, and I think it’s probably here in my town. So, that seems like a good enough reason for some football cookies. These cookies are perfect for all your Super Bowl parties! And if a party is simply you and some cookies in your yoga pants, I totally support you in that. 100%.
Truth be told I’m not much for football (unless it’s Arizona State University, then it’s all Sun Devil Nation around here, fear the fork, no pity for the kitty, you get the picture). But I am big on cute cookies and these ones are SO easy. These are from my book, Smart Cookie, and they are SO easy that I even made them on television. TWICE. Given how nervous tv appearances make me, that basically means these cookies are so easy you can even make them while making a fool of yourself in front of an audience! That’s as easy as it gets!
For a super cute way to serve these, cover a tray with green paper shreds and place the cookies on top. Seriously adorable!
If you’d like to see video of me rambling on The Better Show, and making these football cookies, here you go!
Easy Football Cookies
- 12 football-shaped cookies
- 1 16-ounce can chocolate frosting
- ½ cup vanilla frosting
- 1. Spread the cookies with chocolate frosting.
- 2. Place the vanilla frosting into a piping bag or zipper-style freezer bag, pressing the frosting down into one of the bottom corners of the bag. If you’re using a zipper-style freezer bag, snip off the corner end of the bag, leaving an opening approximately ¼ inch across.
- 3. Pipe lines of white frosting on the cookie to replicate the look of a football. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Hope you have fun with these easy Football Cookies! If you want more easy (no bake!) cookie ideas, check out my book, SMART COOKIE. I’ve got 50 fabulous cookies for you, no baking required (but you can if you’d like!).