While I’m pretty sure the classic magic cookie bar is basically perfection, that doesn’t stop me from experimenting a bit and coming up with new and delicious ways to make magic cookie bars. Today it’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic Cookie Bars. This was one delicious experiment.
Not only are these babies topped with Reese’s Pieces, but I used Reese’s Chocolate and Peanut Butter Spread in them as well. Sometimes less isn’t more, that’s all I’m saying.
Mixing the Reese’s spread in with the sweetened condensed milk gives these magic cookie bars a great chocolate and peanut butter flavor, but just enough of that traditional magic cookie bar taste that I’ve grown to love shines through.
Seriously. These bars, they’ve got it going on. I didn’t have any on hand, but you could totally add in some peanut butter chips as well, I mean, we are already knee deep in excess, let’s just jump all the way in.
Peanut Butter Magic Cookie Bars
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1/4 cup Reese's Chocolate And Peanut Butter Spread
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- Optional - nuts , mini peanut butter cups or peanut butter chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Heat 1/4 cup of Reese's Spread in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 20 seconds or until a pourable consistency is reached. Immediately combine spread and sweetened condensed milk, stirring well to combine. Pour sweetened condensed milk and spread mixture evenly over crumb mixture. Layer with coconut, chocolate chips, Reese's Pieces candies and nuts if desired. Press down firmly with fork.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least one hour. Cut into bars, serve and enjoy.
And since I’m a girl who loves a magic cookie bar, I have some other yummy variations for you.
While this magic cookie bar is packed with the traditional flavors, it gets a fun Valentine spin thanks to Valentine’s M&Ms candies.
How about a Caramel Pretzel Magic Cookie Bar? There are graham crackers and pretzels in the crust. It’s bliss.
Or Cookies And Cream Magic Cookie Bars? Oreo lovers, take note!
One of my favorites, the peanut butter ball magic cookie bars, inspired by Buckeye balls!