This easy and delicious funfetti bundt cake, filled with festive sprinkles, is perfect for celebrating any occasion. Which is great because today we are celebrating the queen of sprinkles, Sally of Sally’s Baking Addiction, who is getting ready to have her first baby! (Throws confetti, and by confetti I mean sprinkles, in the air)
I have always adored Sally. We started our blogs around the same time, have a mutual LOVE of sprinkles, and she was, without a doubt, one of my biggest supporters in those early days.
It has been such a pleasure to watch not only Sally’s blog grow, but her entire brand – with a third cookbook on the way…
And we’ve also been able to watch her family grow – with her marriage to Kevin, her two pups and now the upcoming arrival of a baby. I am so happy for her and know that being a mom will be the sweetest part of her world.
In honor of the upcoming of arrival, I’ve joined some other bloggers around the web today in celebrating Sally with a virtual baby shower so to speak to sprinkle (sorry, puns, can’t resist) Sally with lots of love and sprinkle filled recipes! I decided to make one of my go to cakes, a bundt cake. While I love to make my bundt cakes from scratch, I also do a lot of doctored cake mix bundt cakes. While I have no doubt Sally will still be whipping up amazing recipe after amazing recipe from scratch, as a new mom I know I appreciated hearing from other moms that it was normal to sometimes be tired and need to take a few short cuts. It’s OKAY! So we are short-cutting it with a doctored cake mix bundt cake. Full of sprinkles of course, because it’s Sally!
Funfetti Bundt Cake
- 1 standard size Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 oz package vanilla or white chocolate pudding - DRY MIX 3.9 - 4 Serving Size
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 8 oz of chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream half and half can also work
- Additional sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except for sprinkles, and mix with a mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well combined. Fold in 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- Spoon batter into a bundt cake pan that has been generously sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from bundt pan and top with powdered sugar or white chocolate glaze if desired.
- In a large microwave safe bowl (glass works best) combine chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk together until smooth (stirring will help melt chocolate). If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Spoon or pour over cake. Garnish with sprinkles. Enjoy.
Sending lots of love, sprinkles and well wishes to Sally during this joyous and special time in her life. I’m so excited for her, I know she is going to be an amazing mother. And I have a feeling that for Sally motherhood will be a piece of cake.
Check out recipes from other bloggers who
are also celebrating Sally today!
Funfetti Quick Bread from Fresh April Flowers
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie from Love and Olive Oil
Funfetti Cheesecake from Love, Life and Sugar
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip from Show Me the Yummy
Gluten-Free Confetti Thumbprint Cookies from Grain Changer
Funfetti Coconut Macaroons from Handle the Heat
Homemade Pop Tarts with Sprinkles from Grandbaby Cakes
Funfetti Cookie Cups from Liv for Cake
Pink Lemonade Cake from Carlsbad Cravings
Funfetti Bundt Cake from Love From the Oven
Loaded Unicorn Bark from Averie Cooks
Oreo Funfetti Cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake
Rice Krispie Treats from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Funfetti Lush Dessert from Brown Eyed Baker
Funfetti Frosting from Taste &Tell