I have a fun holiday treat for you using two of my favorite things – chocolate and PEEPS! I created this recipe for the folks over at PEEPS using their holiday PEEPS products.
All your ingredients get prepared ahead of time, making this a great item to sit out at parties (hot cocoa station anyone) or you could wrap these up as super cute edible gifts. Just add a warm cup of milk and you are ready for a delicious cup of hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow PEEPS On A Stick
- 8 ounces semi-sweet milk or dark chocolate finely chopped
- ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder sifted
- pinch of salt
- 8 Marshmallow PEEPS® of your choice
- ½ cup crushed candy canes optional
- 8 sticks straws or spoons
- Large zipper style freezer bag
- Ice cube tray or mini muffin pan
- 1. In a large bowl combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- 2. If desired, sprinkle crushed candy canes in the bottom of your muffin pan or ice cube tray.
- 3. Prepare your sticks, straws or spoons by sliding a PEEPS® marshmallow peppermint star onto them, leaving about 1/2" to 1" of room at the bottom for your chocolate. Set aside.
- 4. Add chopped chocolate to a medium size microwave safe bowl (make sure that bowl is completely dry first, water and chocolate melting do not mix).
- 5. Microwave chocolate at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring well after each 30 seconds.
- 6. Once chocolate is almost melted, remove from microwave and continue to stir well until chocolate melts completely.
- 7. Add melted chocolate to your dry ingredients. Mix well.
- 8. The mixture will be extremely thick and appear grainy.
- 9. Once mixed, spoon the mixture into a large freezer size zipper style bag.
- 10. Squeeze chocolate into eight compartments.
- 11. Stick spoons, sticks or spoons into the chocolate (chocolate is thick enough that these should stand on their own).
- 12. Place in fridge to allow chocolate to set. This can also be done on the countertop, but will take longer.
- 13. Once completely dry, pop out of your ice cube tray or mini muffin pan.
- 14. Wrap in plastic wrap or bags to store.
- To use:
- 1. heat up one 8oz cup of milk per person.
- 2. Once heated, add the hot cocoa stick and stir.
- 3. It will take several minutes to dissolve and then you can enjoy your hot cocoa and Marshmallow PEEPS®.
- Tip: Use PEEPS® snowmen in lieu of peppermint stars.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Head over to the PEEPS website for the complete recipe!
sally @ sally's baking addiction says
you are the queen of peeps. and things on sticks. and chocoalte everything. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family my dear friend!
Kim Bee says
Totally cute. Heading over to see the recipe.
Sally - only gluten free baking says
Oh my.. I’m heading over to Peeps now. I’m craving a hot cocoa, however its almost Summer over in Australia now, I will bookmark these for next Winter. Thanks.
nicole @ I am a Honey Bee says
ooo these are so cute. I LOVE PEEPS!!! I love them so much. that santa is too dang cute.
Adorable! Thanks for the idea.
What did you use as your mold? I love the shape. Did they pop out easily? Thanks.
Dirose, I used a mini muffin pan – all the details and recipe are available on the PEEPS website. They did come out easily, once they chocolate was completely set – when I tried to pull them out early – no go, but after a few hours in the fridge they popped right out.
The recipe is no longer up on the peeps site. Could you please post the details?
Trycia, I can’t repost it as it’s one I’ve provided to PEEPS for their exclusive use. I believe it’s down from their site for now because they have it up over on Target’s website – http://recipes.target.com/recipe/minty-peeps-hot-chocolate
mary blair says
love this very cute