This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine. Delicious Lemon Crumb Muffins that are perfect for an afternoon snack with family and friends.
Over the past year or so, life has seemed busier than normal, really busy. It’s been good, but busy. One of the casualties of that busy life has been spending quality time with family and friends. I’ve always tried to really prepare and plan ahead when having friends and family over, and all that planning and preparation takes time, something that’s hard to find in our busy lives. The past few months I’ve been trying to change, reimagine if you will, how we can spend time with friends and family.
I’ve realized that while planning and prepping and perfect dinners have their place, spontaneous, fun and even last minute get togethers with family and friends can be pretty fantastic. I’m embracing that seize the day, and live in the moment type of thing, and not hesitating to invite friends and family over at a moments notice, for no special reason other than to spend quality time together and enjoy an easy snack or meal. These Lemon Crumb Muffins are perfect for such an occasion!
You can call your friends, invite them to come over in a few hours, whip up a batch of these muffins, grab some Lipton Lemon Flavor Iced Tea, and you are all set for a great afternoon. As an Arizona girl, I have grown up with ice tea being a must have drink, and I love to have it with meals and snacks. These lemon flavored muffins are a perfect match for some Lipton Lemon Flavor Iced Tea.
The next time you are at the store, grab the ingredients you need for these muffins, pick up some Lipton Lemon Flavor Iced Tea and call your friends for an fun afternoon together.
LEMON CRUMB MUFFINS
Lemon Crumb Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon peel
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp lemon peel
- 1/2 cup flour
Lemon Glaze (Optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat eggs and sugar for approximately two minutes. Add in oil, sour cream, lemon peel, lemon juice and lemon extract and beat until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop batter into a muffin pan that has been lined with liners.
- In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for crumb topping including sugar, salt, melted butter, lemon zest and flour. Mix until all of the mixture has absorbed the butter, and mixture is crumbly. Divide crumb topping and sprinkle on top of muffin batter that has been scooped into the pan.
- Place in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake for approximately 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- If topping with lemon glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and mix until well combined. Lightly drizzle over each muffin.
- Serve and enjoy!
For more reimagined meals, moments and recipes accompanied by delicious and refreshing iced tea, head over to the Lipton Bright Bites at Food Network. Find creative twists for summer meals, deliciously imagined mealtimes and delicious iced tea ideas.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.