Kitchen from 2002-2011 (only updates to this were paint and pantry door)
Kitchen update goal – to modernize and update kitchen in both function and style.
Ideas for updates include…
- Updating cabinet hardware
- Updating countertops
- Extend countertop into dining room 2-3″ to make it more functional as for sitting at with barstools
- Updating sink
- Updating faucet
- Adding trim to top of cabinets
- Install glass tile back splash
- Update lighting
- Replace window coverings
- Paint pantry door white and paint upper panels with chalkboard paint
- Add more organization, tame papers & homework
- Integrate more technology with both increased way to use iPad in kitchen & updated small appliances/gadgets
- Remove babyproofing items
- Repair/replace pocket door (currently covered with drape).
Ideas & Inspiration
Wilsonart HD Laminate – PERLA PIAZZA pattern – SELECTED
Glass tile backsplash
Extend countertop slightly in order to create more functional area for seating – serving as additional seating for meals with guests, as well as for working on homework with kids while in the kitchen and working on recipes/blog posts.
Increase storage and organization, especially for homework/school papers
Add chalkboard to pantry for grocery list
Integrate iPad into kitchen – love this hands free usage – up above food and moisture
Love this unique roll out baking station, allowing for additional counter space or kid height seating. Brilliant!!!
Colors – natural woods, aqua, pale turquoise, lime green, gray – soothing sea like colors yet slightly whimsical. Love the light/bright feeling.
Kitchen inspiration & beauty – kitchens that get my attention…