If you love citrus desserts, pucker up for these easy and delicious Orange Slice Cookies.
Not wanting to leave orange out of the cookie party, I grabbed some Brach’s Mandarin Orange Slices and got to work.
This recipe creates a slice and bake style cookie and you do need to allow about one hours time for the cookie dough to chill in the refrigerator. Aside from that they are a very straightforward cookie to make.
ORANGE SLICE COOKIES
Orange Slice Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel zest
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 Brach's Mandarin Orange Slices
- Mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, orange peel, extract and food coloring, if using; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log about 9 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. While cookies are cooling, cut Brach's Mandarin Orange Slices in half to make two flat candy pieces.
- Drizzle Glaze over cooled cookies. While glaze is still wet, press 1/2 of a Brach's Mandarin Orange Slice onto the top of each cookie. Allow to cool completely prior to serving.
- Mix 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and 1 tablespoon each orange juice and milk in small bowl until smooth.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
I hope your family enjoys these delicious orange slice cookies. Make sure to grab some Brach’s Mandarin Orange Slice and get baking!
PIN ORANGE SLICE COOKIES
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Brach’s. All opinions however are mine and mine alone.