I’m getting ready for a busy weekend wearing my “dance mom” hat, so I needed to whip up something that is delicious, full of whole grains, has some protein and tastes good enough that my dancing daughter will be more than happy to start her day with it (extra point if it travels well for mid-day snacks). Muffins for the win!
Peanut Butter Banana White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins! I wasn’t completely sure how this combo of flavors would work (why, I don’t know – I mean every part of it is good!) but it’s awesome. I love how different baked goods taste when you use white chocolate chips in place of chocolate chips, they totally transform the flavors.
These are great for a quick and easy breakfast and also make for a great snack, especially for active kiddos in sports who need something nutritious they can eat on a quick break. I LOVE muffins for that.
Here’s the recipe. Have a great weekend!
Peanut Butter Banana White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour all purpose would work as well
- 1 cup Oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or No-Nut Butter if you have nut allergies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2-1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and set aside.
- In a food processor (or blender or mixer) combine yogurt, bananas, melted butter, peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla until very well blended. Mixture will be fairly thick.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, as well as white chocolate chips, and stir until well combined but do not over mix.
- Scoop into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for approx 16-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and/or top of muffin springs back when lightly touched. Enjoy! These freeze well and make for a great breakfast or quick snack.